MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tutorial Page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I could not find one but i would love to have a Tutorial section on my forum as my forum is about gaming help!
Is custom Help Documents suffice? (AdminCP -> Help Documents)

If not, I generally find that people just post tutorials in a "tutorials" section in their forums - is there an issue with that?
I just want to add a Tutorials PAGE not forum section
Could you please explain what this page has that can't be covered with a custom Help document?
I think what she/he means is something similar to an IPB mod that was created, the tutorials are on a seperate page but they had categories too, like for computer tutorials, image/picture tutorials, photography tutorials etc. The mod could be changed for maybe a page with different articles, or even recipes.

I guess another forum/s set up could be uploaded and possibly "merged" to the original forum so's folks wouldn't have to register for each one, but a seperate page also seems like a good idea if possible.
The Help Documents have categories, but not sub-categories. If the latter is really that important, just make a separate forum and disable posting replies. If you need specific designs, just use a custom theme for the forum.
I really see no reason why someone should spend months/years coding something that will end up being a lesser copy of MyBB.
Sounds good to me, but please pardon my ignorance but is it possible to run two or more forums from one database? I'm asking just in case members of the original forum would like to submit anything.
Sorry? You mean two completely different forums? Yes you can - just use different table prefixes.
But if you want the members of first forum to be able to post in the second, you need to fetch their accounts (and maybe other additional stuff), look here - All the tables of mybb - and check which tables you want to copy.