MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Index Forum Highlight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to highligh the forum description row (which a certain colour) when they rolled over with the mouse? I just wanted the first column. I have attached an image with the selected part I wanted highlighted on mouse over.

Thanks.
-Rovin
Just did a quick search and it appears there is no thread already. Funny, I got the idea from a (supposed) thread about it - but I can't find it now.
You'll need to add some CSS to your theme so that you can specify a custom style for :hover.
So I need to edit the template in, forumbit_depth2_cat. And where should I add the Hover CSS code, in the Additional CSS box?
Yeap - you'd probably change the class of the forum box thing.

Let's say you change it to
class="forumbox"
You might add something like the following in the Additional CSS box:
forumbox:hover {
 background: yellow;
}
Okay, sorry if I'm wasting any of your time. I appreciate your help.

I tryed what you suggested, and didn't work. I purged my cache and tried other browsers. I've also searched on the web (articles only on text highlight).

I did put the css in the correct place, and change the file correctly didn't I? See attached.
You changed the template. Did you change the theme as well?
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:You changed the template. Did you change the theme as well?

Yes, as shown in the second attachment - is that correct?
Oh, sorry. (I have images disabled, so didn't see you second attachment).

I made a mistake in my example. Classes need to have a "." prepended, so use this:
.forumbox:hover {
background: yellow;
}

Sorry for that.
Mmm, sorry I keep coming back with this problem - but I have tried everything you've suggested and the thing I want to achive isn't happening.

Just to check, I have changed the correct things in the forumbit_depth2_cat file haven't I?

Here's what I have:
<tr>
<td class="forumbox">&nbsp;</td>
<td class="forumbox" colspan="4"><strong>&raquo;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$forum['fid']}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong><br /><span class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}{$sub_forums}</span></td></tr>

Thanks a lot. Smile
Pages: 1 2