MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hep please (download section error)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, ive installed the download section and i get this error

mySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'caneditdownloads' in 'field list'
Query: UPDATE mybb_adminoptions SET permsset='1', caneditsettings='yes', caneditann='yes', caneditforums='yes', canmodposts='yes', caneditsmilies='yes', caneditpicons='yes', caneditthemes='yes', canedittemps='yes', caneditusers='yes', caneditpfields='yes', caneditugroups='yes', caneditaperms='yes', caneditutitles='yes', caneditattach='yes', canedithelp='yes', caneditdownloads='yes', canrunmaint='yes' WHERE uid='1'

i have made back ups and try'd installing it again thinking i made maybe an erorr, but i get the same thing each time can anyone help me with this please? thanks

Dno.
did you run both install.php and templatesinstall.php (i believe) ??
There is no install.php but i ran the templateinstall.php and the dbupdate.php like it said in the read me and uploaded and changed the files correctly.

Everything is there that is suposed to be there but when i go to set the admin permissions (oops i didnt mention where the error was sorry) i get that error. thanks in advance

Dno.
can anyone help me with this?
Yes. But it won't be a complete fix because I'll guess that you'll be missing other things from the install.php (that Cory says comes with it...)

Go to PHPMyAdmin and use the SQL tab to put

ALTER TABLE mybb_adminoptions ADD caneditdownloads VARCHAR(3) DEFAULT 'yes';

or use default 'no'. Using default of yes means that your other mods/admins will be table to edit the preferences used for the downloads mod. Using a default no means that you'll have to give yourself permissions to edit the download mod.