MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who is a good host?`
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm fed up with Dreamhost, they are fine for basic HTML/CSS websites but man my installation of MyBB is slow! It is clear that they have way too many sites on one server, and in general have a lack of power.

So I'm interested in some VPS hosting, somewhere around $50 a month. MediaTemple looks good. Any reviews on them?
When ever looking for any hosting (other than free) always look at Web Hosting Talk.

There many post from people who have had similar problems with dreamhost and many hosts with similar marketing strategies.

Also how big is your site do you even need a VPS right now? Maybe find host that offers shared but also offers VPS so its easier to upgrade.
You'll want to check out asmallorange.com

and checkout my site hosted by them too
www.cdogamers.com

I've been them for 1 year and four months now and is very happy with their services
I just switched to www.knownhost.com, their VPS options are the cheap and performance wise, I'm having 0 problems versus my previous host.
I've actually been keeping an eye on VPS deals. My VPS has a too little RAM (128MB burstable to 512MB), however, I'm quite content with the other features (1000GB/month transfer, 20GB space, 1 IP address). All the other deals I've seen have more RAM, but not enough bandwidth.

Anyway, just browsing around Webhostingtalk and saw a link to this: http://www.3dgwebhosting.com/vps.html
(appears to only have Windows Server hosting though)

Have no idea how good their service is though.
Well after reading around on Web Hosting Talk, I've decided to go with MediaLayer. Their plans are incredible, and I read nothing but positive reviews about them!

Everyone should check them out! Smile
DennisTT Wrote:www.linode.com

They look good...

* Deploy multiple Linux distributions
* Create Configuration Profiles which associate disk images and device nodes
* Boot between configuration profiles
* Share disk images between configuration profiles
* Resize disk images
* Network and CPU usage graphs
* Multiple IP address support
* Managed/hosted DNS service with slave support
* Custom reverse DNS (rdns)
* Access Out of band console access using Lish
* Lish menu system to issue jobs to your Linode
* Lish access via SSH keys
* Support for booting into single user mode, init=/bin/bash
* Support for booting with a custom "root=" kernel parameter
* Support for booting with an initrd
* Bootable recovery distribution (Finnix)
* Add and remove extra resources to and from your Linode
* Shutdown Watchdog will automatically reboot your Linode in case of a crash
* Clone a Linode to another
* Move IPs from one Linode to another
* IP address fail over support for high availability setups
Greetings

before i moved on with my own setup ... i have had the experience of 2 very gud hosts ...

http://anhosting.com/
http://hostdepartment.com/

Both these hosting sites have a great package ... please note that these sites dont offer their services to illegal content holders & those who dont have a proper billing setup (that is everything should be perfect)

and out of personal experience i think both of them are great hosts. not to mention comparatively alot cheaper.

with best wishes,
Zee
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but as I previously stated I went with MediaLayer. My forum is blazing fast now!!
Pages: 1 2