MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about favorite threads in 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if the testers or developers are supposed to give out this info, but I might as well ask.

It is noted that the "Favorite Thread" feature will be removed in favor of the rating system and the subscription system. When upgrading, will there be something done to the favorites table? If it does get converted, where does it go?

The reason I'm asking this is because on the site I'm developing, I'm actually relying quite heavily on this feature, so I'd like to know, in advance, how this will work out.

Thanks.
I assume if it no longer continues with MyBB, then maybe the table will be dropped?

Just guessing though,
~Kerrang!
Hi Jeff,

The favourites system was removed in preference of a subscriptions system where you can choose if you wish to receive email notification or not.

So when you subscribe to a thread, you can opt to receive emails regarding it or not.

The data is all moved to the new thread subscriptions table and favourites are preserved as subscriptions with no email notification.
The table schema has changed a bit though. I can tell you what has changed Monday at school
OK thanks.
[offtopic]Are you the one guy who is on the robotics team?[/offtopic]
So, in essence there are favorites..? They're just not called that?
ahero4heor Wrote:[offtopic]Are you the one guy who is on the robotics team?[/offtopic]
So, in essence there are favorites..? They're just not called that?
Okay if you read the hole topic you would know Wink see chris said "The favourites system was removed in preference of a subscriptions system"

Chris Boulton Wrote:Hi Jeff,

The favourites system was removed in preference of a subscriptions system where you can choose if you wish to receive email notification or not.

So when you subscribe to a thread, you can opt to receive emails regarding it or not.

The data is all moved to the new thread subscriptions table and favourites are preserved as subscriptions with no email notification.
I read it... Just looking for a precise answer. I could just ask myself, by why waste the staff's time with a post responding a link to this thread and still not have my question answered. Finite over naught.

I know not of the full features a 'Favorite' thread, so I asked my question in a generic way. I guess I got my answer. Yes.
The 1.4 subscription system does the job of both thread subscriptions and favourites

MyBB 1.2:
Thread subscription --> Thread subscription
Favourite --> Favourite

MyBB 1.4:
Thread subscription --> Thread subscription with email notification
Favourite --> Thread subscription with no email notification

Hope that makes it easier to understand.