MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Electron Forum a.k.a AEF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The newest forum software in the net, almost looks like IPB kinda cool .... I was actually looking for something and this link got my attention MYBB or AEF ..... yeah new forum team with high hopes lol .... I bet 1.4 will wash them away Toungue ...

do you think they will catch up with MYBB?
I think MyBB should follow its way and don't care of other boards. Smile
DragonLord Wrote:do you think they will catch up with MYBB?

They will when they get free promotion on a rival bulletin board's forum! I didnt even know about this software until now...
I've only heard bad things about them, so I assume that everyone that i've heard about this package would least somewhat right.

I don't think so, Honestly it'll take time and huge progress.

The code's supposedly very weak, I'm not sure I haven't used it but as far as looks it does appear similar to IPB (earlier version) I'm not sure that a good thing personally because it's like they have no idea where they want to go themselves, I prefer unque things.
~Kerrang!
Competition always makes for better products for the consumer but frankly they have a lot of work to do if they want to become as popular as vBulletin or MyBB.
Well i think its good there is more forum software as its not about what it has its about what the customer wants in a forum so its giving more of a pic for customers.
Kerrang! Wrote:I've only heard bad things about them, so I assume that everyone that i've heard about this package would least somewhat right.

I don't think so, Honestly it'll take time and huge progress.

The code's supposedly very weak, I'm not sure I haven't used it but as far as looks it does appear similar to IPB (earlier version) I'm not sure that a good thing personally because it's like they have no idea where they want to go themselves, I prefer unque things.
~Kerrang!

I've used the board for a very short while when I first discovered how ever many month back (Can't remember). But I remember not liking it right away because it broke when I didn't have any categories or forums. (I like to just delete the default created one and start from scratch for some reason Toungue ).

Plus although it looks nice it reminds me of two boards, IPB for general style and SMF (My worst nightmare) when making a post. It seems they are trying to take the best of every already made forum board and trying to combine instead of being creative and streamlined.(Which is probably why they almost accept every recommendation)

The board will grow in popularity soon because its part of MKportal by default now. Its future is hard to tell. It could be a short quick run and just fall on top of it self. Or they'll get lost trying to make it better to meet everyone standards that it becomes to bloated and slow (vb?).

Edit: It also lacks themes and mods (Does it have a plugin feature like MyBB?). So if people complain about that here I can't imagine what its like over there.

Also that post you linked to is very baised. You should make a post on the admin zone and get comments from all forum administrators not just AEF admins.