MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post for hosting???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something i never understood about this post for hosting stuff so parden me.

What exactly is the point of it? Dont people have to actually click on one of the banners for them ( the people offering the service ) to get money for those ad's? If i am wrong please do correct me.

I can understand trying to build up their forum but thats about it.
are you construct p4host or signing up p4host? If you're using p4host I'm not recommend you to try it. You'll got pressure of these.

-inactivity policy: like you can't away from your forums if that forums require post monthly if you've a busy absent than 1 month that won't be good
-reject/accept: it's the wall before you can use their service don't you annoy when people ask what you want to do with your site? sometimes people can't even think the answers that's cause us annoy.
-oppressive rule: If you can live with that doesn't matter but In my opinion I feel like wear handcup to live in their forums.

I suggest for you to try instantly sign up better. They require nothing than just simple sign up.
Although a lot of the things said above are true I have to disagree.

I prefer post 4 hosting because its usually hight quality. Plus support is usually better because its a community and weeds out all the people just to lazy and cheap to spend time on a site any way. Plus with the active policies it means the servers are usually cleaned up and don't have many people on them.

Plus they allow growth unlike just sign up ones where your stuck with what they give you from the beginning.

If your talking about ads on your site most p2h don't put ads on your site (another reason I prefer them). But if your talking on their forum not always. It depends on the ad program. It can either be by views or clicks. Plus if you really wanted to make money you would just sell it any way.

Edit: Not all require constant posting either. A lot now will carry your post over to the next month.
labyrinth Wrote:are you construct p4host or signing up p4host? If you're using p4host I'm not recommend you to try it. You'll got pressure of these.

-inactivity policy: like you can't away from your forums if that forums require post monthly if you've a busy absent than 1 month that won't be good
-reject/accept: it's the wall before you can use their service don't you annoy when people ask what you want to do with your site? sometimes people can't even think the answers that's cause us annoy.
-oppressive rule: If you can live with that doesn't matter but In my opinion I feel like wear handcup to live in their forums.

I suggest for you to try instantly sign up better. They require nothing than just simple sign up.

Oh i have my own server and wouldnt have it any other way. Smile

I was just wondering if this sort of thing is really worth it for the people who decide to offer this type of service.

Personally i cant see how they would fare any better then the guys who dont require posting4hosting. Both usually ( Not always ) rely on the adverts.
NetSage Wrote:Although a lot of the things said above are true I have to disagree.

I prefer post 4 hosting because its usually hight quality. Plus support is usually better because its a community and weeds out all the people just to lazy and cheap to spend time on a site any way. Plus with the active policies it means the servers are usually cleaned up and don't have many people on them.

Plus they allow growth unlike just sign up ones where your stuck with what they give you from the beginning.

If your talking about ads on your site most p2h don't put ads on your site (another reason I prefer them). But if your talking on their forum not always. It depends on the ad program. It can either be by views or clicks. Plus if you really wanted to make money you would just sell it any way.

Edit: Not all require constant posting either. A lot now will carry your post over to the next month.

Some good points. I have used the free guys in the past. Problem is alot of them have gone under. I believe that is partly because some honestly didnt think of the costs when they started up. Yes someone IS paying the bill's which unfortunatly alot of people who abuse the service dont think about as well. I am not sure how much better the post4host people do. Not all go under either even the guys that offer it for free without post4hosting and without those ad's. YES there is some who offer free hosting without the ad's and with all the extra's you get with paid hosting. However alot of those guys do offer paid services as well ( ability to upgrade etc ) and thus why i believe they are still up.
I've been with Lifelesspeople.com when I first started playing around with PHP. I don't know if this speaks for other hosting sites of the same type, but the company that runs the site has another paid hosting service that pays for things. The ads on the site also pays for things. They don't ask people to click on it, but it's obvious that they earn money for clicks and views as they ask their members to post more for hosting.

Personally, I think these sites are great for joining a community and getting rewards at the same time. But it really isn't all that time efficient.

Hope that makes sense.
I personally use Space Socket. They offer free cPanel hosting - they haven't been down once! Also, the more you post, the more you get. They host the forum in my signature.