MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dark Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made a dark skin. This skin is only for my use, and it is not for download. I just want to see how you like it. Smile And I know it's hard to believe, but I made the graphics in Paint.

http://www.pokejunction.jkaizer.net/forums/
Not good. First of all the images need to be changed cause they dont fit with darkbackround and apart from that the link hover color u have with the dark backround makes hover links not viewable
whoa, a little harsh there huh

What I'd like to say is, nice going with the black gradients on the header and category section. Looks very nice. Now, all you have to do is work on getting the on/off images and the postbit buttons to match with your dark background, keep it up
Tsakalos Wrote:Not good. First of all the images need to be changed cause they dont fit with darkbackround and apart from that the link hover color u have with the dark backround makes hover links not viewable

My god. It's only my first skin. o_O And Cory, how do I edit the on/off buttons?
The on/off buttons are hte images that you see at the index of your forums. THey are the ones that tell you and others if there are new or no new posts at a forum. You can replace it with your image by creating your button then uploading it to your image directory while making sure of overwriting it

Image names: on.gif and off.gif
So I have to save it as a GIF?
yes, and not even GIF ...just lowercase gif
Well, apart from the postbit and on/of images as cory said the theme is rather nice. I would like to point out some more things too.

The logo is quite big, but the main point is to the right of it is quite bare! Maybe you could extend a background image of blue electric sparks?

Also, I noticed that yuou have setup the categories wrongly. They dont collapse because the forums arn't actually attached to that category. Make them attached by editing the forum and choosing the parant forum as that category. It will attchitself and make the categories collapsable and expandable.

And you may want to make the tcat image slightly different from the thead image. It will make it stand out more and give it a nicer feel.

Hope these comments help improve your forum skin.
off to a good start - keep working on it
Just wonderin', why are you using IPB? Confused
Pages: 1 2