MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Newbie Questions please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am thinking of using MyBB for our club which wants to start a forum and wonder if someone could advise please.

1. Can the calendar be our clubs main event calendar but only be published to by say the secretary, and we would not want birthdays.

2. Could I show the calendar on our normal website by frames or iframes I guess but on this website page I would not want the forum header and footer, just the calendar and month options. If so does anyone know the process to do it please?

3. Can events from say the next week be shown on our home page.

4. Not related to calendars, am I right in thinking that when in my user control panel on this forum there is not a facility to show my own posts, or does the facility not show because there are no previous posts.

Thanks
All your requests can be made with a relatively easy customization or by plug-ins, personally, I would suggest you to wait until 1.4 will be released, there isn't any specific date to the release so theoretical it's could be release only next year, but here is what we receive in mail short time ago:
MyBB mailing list Wrote:
The New MyBB Updates Newsletter
The MyBB Updates Newsletter is a new initiative from the MyBB Group to provide you with recent news and development updates regarding MyBB.

Each month you'll receive a copy of the updates newsletter outlining what we've been up to as well as what the MyBB community has been up to.

MyBB 1.4 - In the Wild!
[Image: dashboard.thumbnail.png]
It's the most anticipated release of MyBB to date. It's also the biggest release we'll ever have done with over 60% of the application being re-written and re-developed from the ground up.

We're not quite there yet for a release of MyBB 1.4 but there isn't much left to do so keep an eye out for updates and release information shortly.

Over the past few months we've been providing updates on the MyBB Blog and extensive tours of the MyBB Control Panel. If you haven't had a look, they're linked below:

* MyBB 1.4 Admin CP - The Complete Overview (Part 1)
* MyBB 1.4 Admin CP - The Complete Overview (Part 2)
* MyBB 1.4 Admin CP - The Complete Overview (Part 3)

But if that's not enough for you, several of our beta testers have set up live demonstrations of MyBB 1.4 where you can dive right in and play around:

* MyBB Fans MyBB 1.4 Beta Board
http://beta.mybbfans.com/mybb_140b
* CHAT2B.BE MyBB 1.4 Beta Board
http://www.chat2b.be/mybb140b
you may also look at denistt site for public beta of mybb 1.4

anyway you can start your mybb 1.2 now and later update to 1.4, you may look at those mods (just search for the word 'calendar' in the mods site), of ask more specific (and one by one) questions on the support forum

Good luck!
dvb
i am sure you dont need a mod to show the calendar on a diffent part of your site if you wanted i think you could use

include 'inc/calendar.php';

i would think you could do this you may need to do a bit more then that but i am sure that the easy way of doing it

and yes like dvb said some of the other thing you want you will need a mod so look at the link that dvb sent
Thank you both for your help.

Not having used MyBB before, I guess the description of the mods (being quite short and no description at all on what 'menu' is for) do not mean too much to me in providing solutions to the functions I have asked for, sorry it is my unfamiliarity not your fault.

If some one could explain in more detail it would be appreciated.

If the simple include function would get the calendar to appear on a Events page in the main site, that would be great but I do not see in the mods an answer to the next 7 days events appearing on the home page.

Could you explain please what 1.4 will do for my requests that 1.2 will not do.

Is anyone prepared to divulge when this 1.4 will be availble as a beta to use please.

Thanks again.