MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Big Problem DB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

I have a big problem.
My forum and site has been hacked.
My work makes no friends Smile
Chasing animal abusers.

I lost almost every thing.
My provider said it's my fault and wont help.
So i found another provider and trying to put my site and forum online again.
I have saved my database from my old forum, but i cant find the version of my forum.
Now i installed the newest version on my new database.
And then the troubels start.
Nothing will really work.
Cant get my database in this one.
Think the version is the problem.

Im really sick that i lost everything but that my forum cant get online is a bigger problem...
Really need to get my site to work again....
Please can anybody help me !!!

http://www.lagulalupis.eu/bb
I have never restored a backup with mybb but i doubt it would be a version problem, maby a problem with the configuration? Maby the database names are different or the table prefixes?
No, there the same, i had somethings back but now its gone again...
If i look in my DB the tabels are there, they just wont show up...like my users, If you look at my member list you see my users, but they wont show in the forum itself...
Like my subjects, all in my db but not in my forum
Do you still have the files from your old host? If so, you can find out the version by looking at a file. That file can be found here:
\inc\class_core.php
Open that up in your favourite text editor and have a look at around line #18 for what version you're running.

Once you've found out what version it is, you can obtain it via this page (if it is older than the current release of 1.2.12): [Wiki: Versions] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Then you should upload that version's files to your new server and restore the database you've backed up.
Once you've done that successfully, I advise that you upgrade to the newest release of MyBB to better protect yourself from publicly known vulnerabilities.

Questions? Smile
Thnx for the help...
My version is 1.2.7 and i cant seem te find it on Wiki, maybe somebody how can help my find it ?
[wiki]Versions#1.2.x[/wiki]
Alternatively, the download link is this: http://mybboard.net/download/52/zip
Sorry didnt look good Sad
Found it
Well hope it will work Smile
lagulalupis Wrote:My version is 1.2.7
No wonder you got hacked, when you are done restoring, upgrade to MyBB 1.2.12 a few security holes have been patched betwen 1.2.7 and 1.2.12.
MrDoom Wrote:
lagulalupis Wrote:My version is 1.2.7
No wonder you got hacked, when you are done restoring, upgrade to MyBB 1.2.12 a few security holes have been patched betwen 1.2.7 and 1.2.12.

You are so right Sad
Wont happen again...

Finnaly i have the basic things working, even my posts and users.
Question now, can u just update from 1.2.7. to 1.2.12 ?
Or do i need to find changed files to upgrade ??
Pages: 1 2