MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quoting and replying question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

Is it possible somehow to use "reply" action in order only to replying the post without auto quoting it and add separate button only for quoting?

P.S. I guess those "+" and "-" buttons are only if you want your reply to quote all previous posts or only the one you're replying to?!

Thanks in advanceSmile
Just use the new post button at the bottom or the quick reply?
Wheel-World Wrote:Just use the new post button at the bottom or the quick reply?

Using the new post button replies to the first post of the topic always. What I want is to remove auto quoting function when replying to someone else by using the small "reply" button. Smile
bumpSmile
Indy74 Wrote:
Wheel-World Wrote:Just use the new post button at the bottom or the quick reply?

Using the new post button replies to the first post of the topic always. What I want is to remove auto quoting function when replying to someone else by using the small "reply" button. Smile
Do you just want to remove the Multi-quote button?
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Indy74 Wrote:

NoSmile
I'll try to explain better: when you hit the small "reply" button, it automatically gets the quoted text of the person you're replying, right?
So all I want is to disable this auto quoting behaviourSmile
Indy74 Wrote:
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Indy74 Wrote:

NoSmile
I'll try to explain better: when you hit the small "reply" button, it automatically gets the quoted text of the person you're replying, right?
So all I want is to disable this auto quoting behaviourSmile
Oh, so basically, you want multi-quoting to still be available, just don't want it to affect the Reply button?

If so, is this plugin adequate?
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Oh, so basically, you want multi-quoting to still be available, just don't want it to affect the Reply button?

If so, is this plugin adequate?

I believe this plugin is usefull somehow so I'll keep it active on my forumsSmile Thanks.
But it doesn't remove the autoquoting.

I'll try to explain againSmile

When you hit the big "New Reply" button it actually replies to the first topic in the thread. It's ok. That's not the issue.

But when you hit the small "reply" button at someone post it always quotes that post. It can be no doubtfully renamed to "quote" button because that's what it does always - it quotesSmile And what I want to do is to change it to act as the ordinary reply button.
My point is that there is no need to quote the post you're replying to because in threaded view it shows very well who's replying to whomSmile

Thanks you're trying to help thouSmile
Oh, okay, so you just don't want the message to be quoted.

That's quite easy - go into the newreply template (AdminCP -> Templates -> Modify -> <select templateset> -> New Reply Templates -> newreply), find and delete {$message} from there.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Oh, okay, so you just don't want the message to be quoted.

That's quite easy - go into the newreply template (AdminCP -> Templates -> Modify -> <select templateset> -> New Reply Templates -> newreply), find and delete {$message} from there.

ThanksSmile It workedSmile
Now i have a pure "reply to" function.

P.S. Is it somehow possible to add new button which will be only for quoting? I just want to have those two functions sepparated - reply and quote.

And thanks againSmile
Pages: 1 2