MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Large file attachments?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well im trying to upload a 13 meg file as a attachment. No big deal i have changed the limits on file extensions. but when i try upload this file in question i get a "Sorry, but you seem to have followed an invalid address. Please be sure the specified post exists and try again".
Is this a bug, or any ideas?
I recently changed hosts and am not familiar with them yet. I did try smaller size files and they work fine but not the big ones. I have yet to check if the limits of php for my new server are set to whatever but just thought i would put the question out.

Thanks DAMINK
DAMINK Wrote:I have yet to check if the limits of php for my new server are set to whatever

That should be the first thing to check.
DennisTT Wrote:
DAMINK Wrote:I have yet to check if the limits of php for my new server are set to whatever

That should be the first thing to check.

Yep Thanks DennissTT.

I got a hold of my host and that was the problem.
php.ini set to default 8 meg.
All sorted now. I now have access to the php.ini file. Toungue

Thanks again.

DAMINK
Problem still exists.

Um i increased the limit of the php.ini file but still when attachments are over around 8 meg the download fails. Goes to a page not found or similar.
Anyone have this same problem???

DAMINK
Please post a link to a page containing your PHP info (www.php.net/phpinfo)
Here is the link to the php.ini file.
Nothing to see though. They only gave me access to the post max size.

LINK

DAMINK
Can you create a file called phpinfo.php, and inside enter in
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
, upload it to your server, and paste the link here.
I sure can.

Here is the link.

LINK

I dont want to manually put the link address due to language in url. Toungue
upload_max_filesize 2M 2M

That would be your problem. Either change this in your php.ini, or ask your host to increase it.
Will give them a call again.

Thanks for investigating for me DennisTT.