MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vbulletin attachments/avatar solved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried again to convert our vb 3.6 forum to the latest mybb board. Everything converted except the attachments. The few attachment files that did move into the mybb uploads files show 0 bytes!

I take it the attachment conversion is a no go from vbulletin?

I had correct permissions in the folders, the conversion process showed the attachment converting ok, but the few files that did transfer are 0 bytes.

If I move the attachments over manually, this is going to cause problems? For a start the files are named differently, plus in my vbulletin attachment folder, the attachments are all in sub folders.

Any suggestions? My members will be gutted if all the attachments are a lost cause.
Perhaps the attachments in my vbulletin forum need to be located in the database and not the file/folder system?

Really need to have these attachments converted if at all possible. Has anyone recently moved from VB3.6 successfully converted their attachments and avatars?
looking forward to a response or fix on this issue
arineod Wrote:looking forward to a response or fix on this issue

You have/had the same problem too? At least I know it`s not something my end!
Make sure the VB attachments all have chmod and chown permissions. Also make sure the Mybb uploads folder is properly permissioned as well. I have done successful attachment conversions.
I have suPHP enabled on my server, therefore 755 is the highest I can go. The permissions must be ok, because after an attempt to convert the attachments was made, there were some attachment files in the mybb uploads folder, but the files were empty (0 bytes). The process of converting the attachments works (because they show up in mybb admin), but the attachments are physically not moving over.
Understand that permissions are a tricky business - Keeping the attachments in the database for conversion would probably work better.

If you would like me to look into the issue personally, I am available for the next few hours.
Tikitiki Wrote:Understand that permissions are a tricky business - Keeping the attachments in the database for conversion would probably work better.

If you would like me to look into the issue personally, I am available for the next few hours.

Yes if you could? Thanks. What info do you need from me? Perhaps we could take this private message or email.
Yes, if you could PM me FTP and phpMyAdmin details.
Thanks, sent you a PM Smile
Pages: 1 2