MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Constant Error: Your IP address does not match the administration session.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to update a number of admin options on my forum but I'm CONSTANTLY receiving the following error:

Your IP address does not match the administration session.

This is happening from a number of different PC's. I'm not changing IP's or connecting/disconnecting so my IP is not changing.

Whenever this happens I lose ALL the changes I've made to a new theme I'm trying to make. I've spent 6 hours trying to update a theme and in that time all that I've managed to save is the background colour and some of the font colours.. that's it.

I do not receive this when logged in as a regular user, ONLY as admin.

Incredibly frustrating. Any ideas?
You probably have a dynamic IP.
Thanks for the reply,

Is there a way to disable this in the admin area so it doesn't care what the IP is?

I have been going to whatismyip.com periodically throughout the day and it's been 205.211.52.10 each time I've checked.

If there's no way to disable this IP/session matching I will try remoting into a friends box on a different ISP.
Sure

You need FTP access to your forum. Open

yourforum/admin/global.php in notepad.

look for
// Here you can change how much of an Admin CP IP address must match in a previous session for the user is validated (defaults to 3 which matches a.b.c)

define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 3);
change it to

define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 2);

Should work
Wonderful! I have made SO much progress in updating the theme in the last 20 minutes with this fix. Thank you!! Smile
fuzz_64, you shouldn't change it to 0. You should change it to 2, and if that still doesn't work then 1. You should never change it to 0, if at all possible.