MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb in my website template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been pondering something about Mybb where i wondered if there was any plugin or way of allowing mybb to run within a template that i have made on a different page.

For instance, on my forum "The Fortress". The template is the top banner, the side images and the footer. The bit that is not a template is the content in the middle of the page. I was curious if there was any way of displaying the mybb forum inside this template.
You can "wrap" your website's header and footer around the forum. Take a look at the header and footer templates.
I looked at that bit of code and i am a bit confused about it. If i added in some table code where it included the header and the side menu bar and then finished off the table in the footer. So for example:

Header:
<table width="800" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td colspan="2">Header of my page</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="90">Side Menu of my page</td>
<td width="710">THEN THE PAGE CODE GOES HERE.

Footer:
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">Footer for my page along with the footer information from the footer template</td>
</tr>
</table>

Would that work?[/quote]
Yeah you'll have to guess and test to experiment with where you want to put it, and what code you want to replace from the default theme. You probably want to keep some things such as <navigation> and the board closed notice, banned notice (the PHP variables in the header template). But you can fiddle around with the HTML to make it look like what you want.
Also in footer where do you change the background color of the footer?