MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB CMS Solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible that MyBB team may consider developing a full CMS solution for a website including the current forum software for the forum and ...etc.
I think the approach for the MyBB is really grow so fast and keep moving more better. I mean CMS like Drupal, actually the reasons I'm suggesting such a thing are :
  • MyBB is really good forum to be used.
  • The developing team shows great abilities for the coming 1.4 version.
  • MyBB is an easy software to be modded or themed so I think if the same team developed a CMS we could have a brilliant solution for a website.
I hope if any staff discuss this more.
Yay! No chat speak in this post.

Still, I think that what you are asking is pretty far out there, as with just 4 or 5 developers working very hard to maintain MyBB, they'd have no time to do it, and we'd start seeing the work get more craptacular as more is added to their workload :p
I wont lost hope then that it could be done somedayWink
But am I alone who wish or want such a thing or there is other members here may wish such a thing Wink
1) We're just a forum software right now and we plan to keep it that way
2) We're already stretched way too thin
3) There are already some great free solutions out there
The two great CMS avilable out there is Drupal then Joomla, and I do not know how to integrate MyBB with it at all. I do prefer Drupal rather then Joomla. And I did searched a lot for any solution but nothing so far.
Perhaps learn some more advance PHP? Then read the source code for MyBB and Drupal, then decide whether you can do it or not. If it looks hopelessly impossible to you, then chances are its not a simple thing, so you expect Chris, Tiki, DrPoodle, Zinga and the gang to do it for you, when they have much better things to do with their time, like perfecting MyBB.
blueparukia Wrote:Perhaps learn some more advance PHP? Then read the source code for MyBB and Drupal, then decide whether you can do it or not.
I did tried more then once and read the current exising non-finished project submitted by another member for integrating drupal and MyBB but really out of my hands far away from my abilities especially that I did not have any coding background and just edited some files when installed some mods.
blueparukia Wrote:If it looks hopelessly impossible to you, then chances are its not a simple thing, so you expect Chris, Tiki, DrPoodle, Zinga and the gang to do it for you, when they have much better things to do with their time, like perfecting MyBB.
Well said ... I am really won't lose hope for such a thing and I hope any one can help me with such a thing which really will be for the good of the MyBB ... and for me too Wink
Thanks and good luck guys.
I want a piece of this issue. I fully support the wise reluctance of MyBB team to remain focused on their excellent product. I came back here today looking for a bridge to integrate MyBB in Joomla. That CMS is already a monster (in a good way).

There are already dozens of CMSes in varying stages of development. Some are simply stuck because packages like Joomla, Drupal and the re-emerging Mambo are now to far ahead - and too feature rich - for anything new to challenge them. (see http://www.opensourcecms.com/ for demos of the living and the comatose)

Joomla's only current "full featured" integrated BB (FireBoard) is adequate, but barely. Compared with MyBB it is a three wheeler to a racing bike.

I'd much rather use the excellent current or forthcoming 1.4 MyBB bridged to work with the most recent Joomla than wait a few years for a MyBB/CMS that might be as good at CMS as the current Joomla.
jerseyjoe Wrote:I want a piece of this issue. I fully support the wise reluctance of MyBB team to remain focused on their excellent product. I came back here today looking for a bridge to integrate MyBB in Joomla. That CMS is already a monster (in a good way).

There are already dozens of CMSes in varying stages of development. Some are simply stuck because packages like Joomla, Drupal and the re-emerging Mambo are now to far ahead - and too feature rich - for anything new to challenge them. (see http://www.opensourcecms.com/ for demos of the living and the comatose)

Joomla's only current "full featured" integrated BB (FireBoard) is adequate, but barely. Compared with MyBB it is a three wheeler to a racing bike.

I'd much rather use the excellent current or forthcoming 1.4 MyBB bridged to work with the most recent Joomla than wait a few years for a MyBB/CMS that might be as good at CMS as the current Joomla.
But the current Joomla - MyBB is not fully integrated regarding users, sessions, ...etc
Brother Mohamed, the great thing about MyBB is that it is just a forum software and not a CMS and bulletin board combo. Drupal, Joomla, Mkportal, and my bald spot all make excellent CMS's that can be integrated with MyBB.
Best of luck,
Imad.
Pages: 1 2