MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member Group List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to have a memberlist for each different user group, as well as the one with them all up at the top.

I used to have this member legend plugin - when you clicked each member group you were taken to a page with just that member group on. I didn't like the order of that plugin (the order the member groups were in) so I made my own, put the links from the plugin in so when I clicked my new legend, it went to the specific list, and deleted the code from the index to stop the plugin showing (not deactivate it, otherwise the new links wouldn't work).

As an example: /forums/memberlist.php?groups=4 would take me to a page showing only Admins.

That worked for ages and then just stopped - is there something minor I have to change or is it a bigger job??

Basically I want a link to a page which dispays each member group one at a time to incorporate into my member legend.

Thanks if anyone can help Smile
I have no clue how to re-solve the plugin issue.

However, if you wanted you could search for a custom tweak that lex created for his forums and after serveal requests he decided to share the code. (that adds a few features to the memberlist index and allows linking to certain groups)

If your good with html it would be a piece of cake setting up a basic but nice looking user legend to which you could link them too.
~Kerrang!

P.s If you can't find it, I'll have a look =)
I had a look at Lex's profile on here, and in the list of mods but can't find anything :/

Plus the links in Lex's sig are to a forum which is closed, so there was probably something there Sad
As far as I know, it's just a member list modification.

Admin CP>Template>Modify/Delete>*Select Template*>Expand>Member list Templates>Expand>Member list>Edit>
Replace the entire contents with this:
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->member_list}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$multipage}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" align="center">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="8"><strong>{$lang->member_list} {$sorted}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr font color="white"><td colspan="8"><span class="smalltext">Sort On : [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=%23"> # </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=a">A </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=b">B </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=c"> C </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=d"> D</a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=e"> E </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=f"> F </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=g"> G </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=h"> H </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=i"> I </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=j"> J </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=k"> K </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=l"> L </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=m">M </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=n">N </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=o">O </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=p">P</a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=q">Q </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=r">R </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=s">S </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=t">T </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=u">U </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=v">V </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=w">W </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=x">X </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=y">Y </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=z">Z </a> ] [ <a href="memberlist.php?action=short&how=all">All </a> ] </span>
</td></tr>
<tr><td align="left" colspan="8" ><span class="smalltext">Sort On UserGroup: {$groupsort}</span></td></tr>
<tr>
<td class="tcat" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->username}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>Status</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" align="center"><span class="smalltext" align="center"><strong>Xfire:</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->email}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->website}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->location}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->joined}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->posts}</strong></span></td>
</tr>
{$member}
<tr>
<td align="center" colspan="8" class="tfoot">
<form action="memberlist.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="page" value="{$page}" />
{$lang->sort_by} <select name="by">
<option value="regdate"{$regdatesel}>{$lang->sort_regdate}</option>
<option value="username"{$usernamesel}>{$lang->sort_username}</option>
<option value="postnum"{$postnumsel}>{$lang->sort_posts}</option>
</select> {$lang->sort_in} <select name="order">
<option value="ASC"{$ascsel}>{$lang->sort_asc}</option>
<option value="DESC"{$descsel}>{$lang->sort_desc}</option>
</select> {$lang->order} {$lang->search_for} <input type="text" class="textbox" name="usersearch" value="{$usersearch}" size="20" /> {$gobutton}
</form>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<div style="float:left"><span class="smalltext">[<a href="showteam.php">{$lang->forumteam}</a>]</span></div><div style="float:right">{$multipage}</div>
<br />
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
That and also uploading a new memberlist.php file. I've attached the one that I got on Lex's forum.
That's epic, what I wanted and more, thanks so much Big Grin
thanks Judel...I was almost going to upload that, but I couldn't remember if it was modified or not.
Lex did some modification to the file I attached. I never looked to see what it was though. You must have already uploaded it though, if you used his code change?