MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: joomla and mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all;
i've a web-site that use joomla(1.5) for the news and the mybb board for the forum.
can i integrate this two lenguage like when i put a news on a joomla the forum in a specific section autocreate a thread linked to the news in joomla?
none?
Easy answer: nope. Only Fireboard, phpBB, SMF, and vBulletin can integrate with Joomla.
If you search this forum for "joomla" you may find some threads which may enlighten you.
RenegadeFan Wrote:Easy answer: nope. Only Fireboard, phpBB, SMF, and vBulletin can integrate with Joomla.
i already have a bridge to mybb for the login but i don't have a bridge for the news.....

DennisTT Wrote:If you search this forum for "joomla" you may find some threads which may enlighten you.

ok;i'll try.
microcip Wrote:i already have a bridge to mybb for the login but i don't have a bridge for the news.....
Where did you get the bridge?

I would much rather use MyBB in Joomla than any of the boards currently available. FireBoard is feature limited, poorly organized, front and back end, is ugly, is more difficult to customize and has virtually no interesting themes, third party or native.

May I ask for clarification of what you mean by a bridge for the news? Joomla has a core news component and I don't know of any such animal in MyBB. In what situation would you need a news bridge for MyBB?
RenegadeFan Wrote:Easy answer: nope. Only Fireboard, phpBB, SMF, and vBulletin can integrate with Joomla.

Yeah you can. As i have that on my site. Mine however just shows latest threads.
HarryWx Wrote:Yeah you can. As i have that on my site. Mine however just shows latest threads.
You mean you canot see anything else of MyBB, just whatever is considered latest threads? No forum structure? Nothing else at all?

Sorry, I have a mind limited to the obvious and specific. So when you say only, to me it means only.

Can you provide a link?
Automatic dual login with one-way sync capabilities at this stage...

Your MyBB users can all log into Joomla
microcip Wrote:hi all;
i've a web-site that use joomla(1.5) for the news and the mybb board for the forum.
can i integrate this two lenguage like when i put a news on a joomla the forum in a specific section autocreate a thread linked to the news in joomla?
Look for the "RSS to post" MyBB plugin, and it will auto-create your threads.
(((Assuming your Joomla site produces an RSS feed for the news)))
You forget that IPB is also have a plug in by BBPixel.com,
I've tried several boards with Joomla and found that FireBoard is really nice and fits ... simple, clean and looks nice, I will finish my website in tow days so u can take a look for Joomla and fire board.
Take a look here