MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB is not acting right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you get to the directory here it shows (last post by "user") and when you click on the thread it will take to to the first (original thread/post) but my forum say (thread name) by (last user posted) when it should say (thread name) by (author) and last post by (last user posted).... and it also takes you to the latest post!!! not the original thread!!! HELP!!!
Are you saying that when you click the last post from the index here, that you are taken to the first post in the thread? That's not possible nor the way Mybb works. The only time it would do that is if there are not replies to that thread. If there are replies, clicking on the last post link will always take you to the last post in the thread, hence the phrase "last post". I'm not sure what you think the problem is. This is how mybb works.
judel Wrote:Are you saying that when you click the last post from the index here, that you are taken to the first post in the thread? That's not possible nor the way Mybb works. The only time it would do that is if there are not replies to that thread. If there are replies, clicking on the last post link will always take you to the last post in the thread, hence the phrase "last post". I'm not sure what you think the problem is. This is how mybb works.

Oh well then that makes more sense...OK then how do you configure it to not take you to the last post and take you the first post (main thread) so guests wil be directed to the main content rather than the replies people leave...
If you want your members to go to the top of the thread, they need to access it from the thread list and not by choosing the last post. Would kind of defeat the purpose of the last post if it didn't take you to the last post. Don't even know if anyone here would or could give you the code to change to make that different. Maybe I'm wrong here, but no one has stepped up yet to help, so I'm sticking with my initial opinion that it won't happen. Sorry, but I'm guessing you'll just have to get used to the way the script works. Big Grin
If you don't want the thread links from the forum index to jump to the last post, edit the forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost template (AdminCP -> Templates -> Modify -> <select templateset> -> Forum Bit Templates -> forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost)

In there, find:
showthread.php?tid={$lastposttid}&amp;action=lastpost
And replace with:
showthread.php?tid={$lastposttid}

This will cause the links to jump to the first page.
LOL...I stand corrected. Toungue