MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Czech Translation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
HI,

I've decided to make a Czech Translation of MyBB! Smile

(sorry, but i have not very good write in EN but translation to czech is easy)

User Interface: 42% Complete
Admin Interface: 0% Complete (NOT A Priority For now)
Test Forum: Here!!

Since the site from the previous post is down, the post is more than year old and the original author does not respond to email, I started my own translation. Feel free to contribute and do not hesitate to make corrections ...

The pack:[attachment=5587]

Installation instructions: just unzip into forum directory ;-)

• Completed user part translations:
    • calendar.lang.php
    • helpdocs.lang.php
    • helpsections.lang.php
    • memberlist.lang.php
    • printthread.lang.php
    • ratethread.lang.php
    • report.lang.php
    • reputation.lang.php
    • showteam.lang.php
  • Completed admin part translations:
    • none
  • Images (see here):
    • postbit_edit.gif
    • postbit_email.gif
    • postbit_find.gif
    • postbit_profile.gif
    • postbit_quote.gif (should be a bit wider, though ...)
  • Other:
    • readme.html

Latest changes:
  • update to MyBB version 1.2.3
  • stolen some images from here (thanks to sevensun)
  • completed user part translations: calendar.lang.php, helpdocs.lang.php, helpsections.lang.php, memberlist.lang.php, printthread.lang.php, ratethread.lang.php, report.lang.php, reputation.lang.php, showteam.lang.php
  • some more translations in: admin/dbtools.lang.php, admin/templates.lang.php, forumdisplay.lang.php, global.lang.php, index.lang.php, member.lang.php, messages.lang.php, misc.lang.php, online.lang.php, private.lang.php, showthread.lang.php, usercp.lang.php

Tip: If you have troubles with database (posts) encoding and you cannot set the correct values system-wide, you can try to add command "SET CHARACTER SET utf8;" to the connection initialisation - see here.

Older versions: [attachment=4843] [attachment=4656] [attachment=3968]

Previous changes:
  • update to MyBB version 1.2.2
  • some more translations in report.lang.php, reputation.lang.php, member.lang.php, forumdisplay.lang.php, showthread.lang.php, global.lang.php
  • admin interface translation started - changes in index.lang.php, forums.lang.php, global.lang.php
  • update to MyBB version 1.2.1
  • some more translations in search.lang and member.lang
Well,
I have finished Czech translation compatible with myBB 1.2.11.
Have done it from the scratch.

This is the beta version pack.
It contains: frontend translation incl. buttons.
Admin pages and group images have not been translated.

Should you find any typing errors, bad terms or any other localisation errors, let me know and/or attach a corrected file (if you are a kind human being).

I intend to release the final version for downloads on 8-12 February 2008.

Thanks all beta testers in an advance!
MarHaj Wrote:Have done it from the scratch.

why? was there anything wrong with the previous work?

- you knew that it exists; within a PM, I encouraged you to reuse it, I even offered to setup VCS for better collaboration ...

and now ...

MarHaj Wrote:Should you find any typing errors, bad terms or any other localisation errors, let me know and/or attach a corrected file (if you are a kind human being).

... you are so rude to ask people for cooperation when you showed that you can play only on your own sandbox?
I really appreciated your kind offer to use your part of the translation.

I decided to start from the scratch because it was easier for me to make translation inherently selfconsistent. You know it's sometimes difficult to unify terms used.

To start from the beginning did not represent a problem because the extent of translated pages (made by you) was very small - comparing it to the rest.
That's all.

Quote:... when you showed that you can play only on your own sandbox?
The translation is available for all users for free. Including you. Use it or trash it.

Kavol.
If you want to be the only one author of the translation I have done let me know here and I will officially transfer this title to you.
You can then rewrite file headers and publish translation in the official translation pages under your name.
I will do it immediately and without any conditions.
I do not want to be an author and a supporter or something like this.
MyBB (and more generally IT) is not my business.

So waiting for your answer to this offer (till February 5th to prepare final release pack in the announced time).
MarHaj Wrote:I decided to start from the scratch because it was easier for me to make translation inherently selfconsistent.

that's exactly what I say - selfish inability to cooperate ...

MarHaj Wrote:To start from the beginning did not represent a problem because the extent of translated pages (made by you) was very small - comparing it to the rest.

oh yes, about 1/4 part is very small comparing to the whole - let's throw away tenths hours of work just to save a little time to unify the style

MarHaj Wrote:If you want to be the only one author of the translation I have done let me know here and I will officially transfer this title to you.
You can then rewrite file headers and publish translation in the official translation pages under your name.
I will do it immediately and without any conditions.

why? what drives you to write such things?

I really do not understand ... I thought the F/OSS philosophy is to cooperate, not to haggle over some "official titles"

MarHaj Wrote:So waiting for your answer to this offer (till February 5th to prepare final release pack in the announced time).

nobody sane would accept such a deal - if nothing else then undersigning other's work is immoral (and illegal in our country, btw)

but I guess you perfectly knew it before asking - so that now you can point your finger at me saying that I am the bad guy who does not want to accept such a generous bid from a very nice guy ...
So I will continue toward the final release...
-----------------
I intend to post here beta2 czech pack in next two days.
Corrected some 20+ typing/terms errors + localized group images + adopted to myBB 1.2.12
As I announced yesterday here is the beta2 Czech language pack. Contains everything except admin texts translations.

Beta2 changes: corrected some 20+ typing/terms errors + added localized group images + adopted to myBB 1.2.12.

Should you find any errors let me know please.

The final release should be expected here on 8-12 February 2008.
This is the final release of Czech localization pack for MyBB 1.2.12.
Details can be found in the readme.html (or readme_czech.html) file in the package.
[attachment=8594]
Martin, I just installed the Czech pack and found 2 small typing errors. Just look at the screenshots.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19