MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User groups for certain forums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently started a sub forum which is basicly designed for specific members. Woman particularly not that it matters.
As i am wanting to screen or even stop normal members from posting viewing etc.
I know i can simply insall another MyBB and all good but as it has already started i was wanting to know if i can have special permissions on sub forums as such that even new members can view but only of a certain type.
I was thinking perhaps having 2 signups and then automatically putting them into a special user group which has access by default for one sign up and a normal signup for the rest?
At present of course new members go to new member group. I have the plugin to change after X posts etc but thats not the same.

Hope someone understands what i just wrote.
I barely can. Hehehhe.

DAMINK
I'm not sure I fully understand you, but you could probably do this with secondary usergroup permissions.
Yea i think i will have to settle for a different user group.

What i was hoping for though to try make it a little more clear.

2 sign up forms. Where both give access to forum but 1 gives access to a special area that others do not.

Because my forum has a sub forum which i want to keep limited to special users.

Basicly i have a forum that is a little contriversial, and within that i have a womans sex forum. As most of my members up until now have been guys and rude guys at that before i started womans forum. Now i have loads of woman joining the womans forum.
So basicly i want to be able to seperate the girls so there forum does not get out of control with members from other forum.

Hard for me to explain. Sorry. Hope that clears it up a little.

DAMINK