MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI, im running myBB 1.2.1.
I tried editing something in global.php and it caused my forum to just appear as a white page. Iv changed it back and the forum still doesn't work. Iv even tried downloading gobal.php from the 1.2.1 installer and re uploading it but its no go.
Can anyone help?
Redownload MyBB 1.2.1 from the MyBB website (see [Wiki: Versions] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) for the download). Upload global.php to your server in ASCII/Text file format (please consult your FTP client documentation on how to do this).

It is recommended that you update your forum to the latest version of MyBB when convenient. There are many known security exploits between MyBB 1.2.1 and the latest version.
Thank you ever so much, worked now I uploaded it by FTP.
I will try to upgrade.
Cheers.
Just finished the upgrade and the admin page still says 1.2.1?
You probably haven't uploaded all the new files. I recommend you get the latest files from www.mybboard.net and replace the existing files with the latest version.

As always, make a backup of your forum before doing this.
Uploaded all the files. Backed up too.

It says copyright 2008 but only 1.2.1 :/.
Make sure that you're overwriting the previous files when you upload them through FTP.
Tried again and it all works now, Thanks.