MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I keep getting redirected.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently had to find a free host due to financial problems and am having a bit of a problem.

I chose a free host and uploaded my files for Mybb to it, but they were having severe problems with PHPMyAdmin so I was never able to upload my database from my original paid hosting account without timeout errors.

So I said the heck with that host and FTP'd all of my Mybb files back to my PC, and found another free host.

So I FTP'd all my files back up to the new free host and uploaded my database backup I originally had from my paid hosting with Godaddy.

Needless to say every time I attempt to load my forum it keeps redirecting to the old free host I had.

I thought that the old hosts URL might of been written to a configuration file of Mybb's when I installed it on the old host so I opened /forum/inc/config.php to see if it had the old free hosts URL so I could change it to the new free host to stop it from redirecting.

However the config.php file didn't have the URL contained within it for the old free host so I wasn't able to change it.

I've already changed the nameservers for my domain to the new free host and this problem also occurs when I use the new free hosts subdomain for my account.

How can I remedy this situation to be able to access my website?
Try accessing your Admin CP (add /admin/ after your new forum's URL) and go to Admin CP --> Board Settings --> Change --> General Configuration. Change your "Board URL" to match your new URL.
DennisTT Wrote:Try accessing your Admin CP (add /admin/ after your new forum's URL) and go to Admin CP --> Board Settings --> Change --> General Configuration. Change your "Board URL" to match your new URL.

Thanks, however I already figured it out. I had to edit the settings.php file to include the url for the new host.

Sorry I didn't say anything sooner, I just got a bit busy and forgot to edit my first post to inform everyone I figured it out and solved my problem.Wink
You should also change it in the Admin CP, as per my post above. If you don't, then your new URL will be overwritten with the old one, and you'll end up with the same problem.
DennisTT Wrote:You should also change it in the Admin CP, as per my post above. If you don't, then your new URL will be overwritten with the old one, and you'll end up with the same problem.

Thanks I already did that. Toungue

I had to edit and re-upload the settings.php file before I could even access my board. As soon as I was able to access everything I immediately edited the URL's in the Admin CP.

Thanks for your help though, it was very much appreciated. Smile