MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users can't login - You must wait....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a user who is cannot login.

"You have failed to login within the required number of attempts. You must now wait 6320h 6m 10s before you can login again."

I can't find an option in the admin panel to unlock an account and reset the failed login attempts.

Also, I can't find where this information is stored in the database. There's no session associated with the uid of the user. I also had them clear their cookies. They're still unable to login at this point.

Thanks,
Nigel
nelgin Wrote:I've got a user who is cannot login.

"You have failed to login within the required number of attempts. You must now wait 6320h 6m 10s before you can login again."

I can't find an option in the admin panel to unlock an account and reset the failed login attempts.
There isn't a page to do this at this time
nelgin Wrote:Also, I can't find where this information is stored in the database. There's no session associated with the uid of the user. I also had them clear their cookies. They're still unable to login at this point.

Thanks,
Nigel
Please try lowering the amount of time you have to wait for the next login:

Admin CP --> Board Settings --> Change --> Profile & Registration Options --> Time between failed logins - change it to something reasonable like 15.
Thanks but I don't want it at something reasonable. I want it so that people complain if they can't login for a few days.

How come there isn't something to do such a simple task?
nelgin Wrote:There's no session associated with the uid of the user.
There won't be a uid since the user hasn't logged in yet. IIRC, it's matched to the IP.

A simple solution is to truncate the sessions table.