MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How about a WYSIWYG editor in MyBB by Default?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Well, as i just tested the latest Beta of SMF. And they have included the WYSIWYG editor as a default feature in their software! And As i believe that vBulletin also uses it as a feature. How about bringing this feature into MyBB?

I mean We still have some plugins for MyBB that does this. But the Plugins are always plugins. For example I had a plugin called Hoteditor(You might know). And it was full of bugs as a result i needed to install my forum again Sad

So if this will be a default feature of MyBB that would be a great this i believe.

I asked the same thing on phpBB site(AS they also don't have one).
And they answered that Bulletin boards are for discussion. And in discussion you have to use the normal editor Sad But I don't think so. WHY? Because Now the Bulletin boards are not only used for Discussion. But for other purpose also. As it can make a successful community with a lot of Fun, People can post things etc........ So in that environment it's better to have a WYSIWYG editor.. What are your comments about this?

And please tell me if there is any plugins of WYSIWYG editor for MyBB current version at this time, else then Hoteditor

Thanks.

Regards,
FAISAL SHAH
As we've said before, a WYSIWYG editor is planned for a future release, but not 1.4.
I tried many boards scripts recently, and i don't like WYSIWYG when set by default in post.
If this feature is planed, i think it would be fine for every members to choose if they want it or not by default in post Smile.
darkside Wrote:I tried many boards scripts recently, and i don't like WYSIWYG when set by default in post.
If this feature is planed, i think it would be fine for every members to choose if they want it or not by default in post Smile.

Agreed.
rcpalace Wrote:
darkside Wrote:I tried many boards scripts recently, and i don't like WYSIWYG when set by default in post.

Agreed.

Seconded, It seems slower to edit for me.
You could always use the "New Reply" button instead of the Quick Reply feature.
It's a matter of what of you post...

In my board, there are a lot of table in html, and WYSIWYG is boring when i have to edit.

And some boards allowing html i tested had bugs with html in post because WYSIWYG.
Wouldn't a WYSIWYG editor make it harder to add custom MyCodes?
I Like wysiwyg, as most users registered won´t like to "study" bbcode
they just dont botter with closing tags properly
I thought there was two available for MyBB.
Pages: 1 2