MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bug in permission system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reproduce:

1) Make a new user group
2) Make a new forum, only give admins and the new user group the permissions to view the forum
3) Set the primary group of a user to the new user group and choose a second group (for example moderators)

-> The user will not be able to see the new forum because the moderator group doesn't have permission to view the forum. However the user also belongs to the group that permission to view the forum and as such should be able to see it

Version:

Latest version of mybb
ok, apparently not a bug Wink
No you just need to set custom forum permissions for all usergroups of that forum.
yes, but if i have two usergroups and two forums

usergroup A can view forum A but not B
usergroup B can view forum B and A

user A is member of usergroup A
user B is member of usergroup B (primary) and A

How can I make it so that user B can see forum B
^ As stated, you need to set the usergroup permissions for ALL groups for forum B.

For forum B, custom permissions overwrite any defaults, so custom permissions for group A will override any defaults, unless you specify custom permissions for group B.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:^ As stated, you need to set the usergroup permissions for ALL groups for forum B.

For forum B, custom permissions overwrite any defaults, so custom permissions for group A will override any defaults, unless you specify custom permissions for group B.

ok, but i don't understand what you are trying to tell me, sorry.

Could you explain it a bit more detailed? thanks
Go to AdminCP -> Forum Management -> Permissions

Under forum B, make sure custom permissions are set (ie click the [Set] link) for both groups A and B.