MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minimum Post to View Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm looking for a mod that will make it where members cannot view certain forums until they get a certain amount of posts, unfortunately the only mods I have found still let them see the forums, but when they click on the forum to redirect them it then says they need a certain amount of posts. I just want it to be not able to view them at all until they get that amount.
It's available already in mods area.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/posts-requ...this-forum
Thats exactly what I said I didn't want lol, its what I am using right now, it still lets the user view the forum, just when they click the forum it says they do not have enough posts to enter. What I am asking for is one that doesn't let them see the forum whatsoever until they have the right amount of posts.
I had this request a while back too. Right now you can achieve exactly what you want by using goughy's auto assign user groups v2 plug in and setting custom rules and assigning view/posting permissions for a usergroup.

Right now at my forum I have a regular registered usergroup and a usergroup called "full access members" after a "registered" member achieves a certain amount of posts they are automatically switched into the the"full access" usergroup where the hidden forum(s) are visible.

This is as good as you can get at the moment, however it works pretty good for mine and possibly your needs.