MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help with how to change the logo.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forum running mybb and i was wondering how do i change the forum logo without messing up the forum i tried this but i got templete edits and it made everything go off so i re-upload my Theme and now need to change my logo but how?

- Aaron
No need to mess with templates for that.

You can either upload an image to your images directory that is called the same thing as the current MyBB logo, or you can define the image to use as the logo:
Admin CP --> Themes --> Modify / Delete --> *Choose theme you wish to edit and click 'Go'* --> Forum Logo
How do i define it i made it from Cooltext.com? I tried to use the images directory but it doesn't work. Explain on how i define it. I cant use a URL because there is none.

- Aaron
Before you render the image, at the bottom choose the "GIF" file format. After the image renders, save the image (there's a link below the image). With your FTP client, upload it to your images directory, overwriting the existing logo.gif.
You will need to click the "Download Image" link located under the image you create, then upload that to your server and tell MyBB where to find it and what it is called.

"The generated image will only be kept on the Cool Text servers for an hour. You MUST download it. Cool Text does not provide web hosting. You will need to put the image files on your own web host."
Will it be transparent if i choose the GIF format?

- Aaron
There's a ".GIF w/ Transparency" option in the File Format menu, if you want Transparency.
The Gif Image Creates a werid looking thing when i choose trandparency please help.

- Aaron