MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new settings don't work!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I have a probem with the settings of forums. When I change some settings they never change, although I'm always notified that the change has been saved!

I first noticed this when I changed the maximum size of avatars. After I saved the new max size, I have been automatically notified that the change was saved (submited).
When I tried to upload that size of avatar, I got the message about it beeing to large. I tried this for several times and always the same story.

Now here is a similar problem. I'd like to limit max. number of posts to 5per day. But here we go again, when I put the number 5 as the max number of posts and then save the change, it says ok.
But then when I try to test the new setting, it never works (I can always post unlimited number of posts).

So where could be the catch?
hi,
inc/settings.php chmod how many?

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/CHMOD_Files
himi Wrote:Now here is a similar problem. I'd like to limit max. number of posts to 5per day. But here we go again, when I put the number 5 as the max number of posts and then save the change, it says ok.
But then when I try to test the new setting, it never works (I can always post unlimited number of posts).

Make sure you try this on a regular user. I'm pretty sure that administrators have an override on this setting.