MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Turning Board Offline-- Worst Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We've decided to adda CMS, Drupal, to our website, so, just to be on the safe side, we turned off MyBB, and moved it to /forum. Now, I can't login to the ACP. I can't view a forum (see for yourself), I can't do anything! I had to edit the settings by the settings.php files and the db.

This is extremely sad, because, if I can't fix this, then I lose everything. I have NO idea whatsoever why this may have happened, but, please, help me.
Are you sure about that? Since if you moved your forum into a different directory, it's just a matter of changing a few things on the settings php file, and if done right, you can login just fine to your admin login and turn the board on again.

But the thing is, what did you edit on the db? You only had to edit most likely just one table value and thats in the settings table and making the (i dont know the exact row name) boardoffline into "No" (withtout the quotes).
eXaulz Wrote:We've decided to adda CMS, Drupal, to our website, so, just to be on the safe side, we turned off MyBB, and moved it to /forum. Now, I can't login to the ACP. I can't view a forum (see for yourself), I can't do anything! I had to edit the settings by the settings.php files and the db.

This is extremely sad, because, if I can't fix this, then I lose everything. I have NO idea whatsoever why this may have happened, but, please, help me.
When you say database, what exaclty did you edit in the database? Your index page works fine for me, it's just that all forums show up as "invalid forum".
settings...

I've changed the Forum Url to the Correct Setting. I've even changed the Cookie Settings. (Why in this world do you have the settings in settings.php file and in the database?)

Try logging in with Dummy and 12dummy. You won't be able to, because, when you go to "Login," or you use the Quick Login, you'e taken to the Registration page.

Of course the Index page works fine.

I just really don't see why just Changing the Forums Status, and Moving Files to the /forum directory, can mess up my forum. Undecided
I did the samething you did on my forum a few months ago and didn't have any problems.

Try clearing you cookies and cache and then go right to the admin cp path to login and it should work.
That didn't work. But, the weird thing, is that I got my database schematic, uploaded it to localhost, ran it with MyBB,-- worked fine. I did the same things I did on localhost on my website, but I still get the error. This is really weird.
when u click http://www.excommunity.com/forum/admin/ u get Language (../inc/languages/) is not installed, There are files missing there. Also in the index forum page its obvious that the theme images are missing. My quess is that u uploaded drupal in the same dir as your forum and drupal admin and images folder overwrited the admin and images folders of mybb. Assuming that u havent touched anything in the database your problem should be fixed if u re upload all original mybb files to the folder by ftp. Then everything will work. do the same for drupal. make sure drupal and mybb are in different folder . then chmod inc/settings and confing to 666 and edit confing php and insert there the name pass of the database mybb data is stored at and everything will come back to normal. DONT run any installers.
You haven't uploaded the inc/ folder.
I've uploaded the /inc folder...

MyBB is just being extremely ghey... >_>
Could you open up global.php and find:

Quote:$navbits[0]['url'] = "$settings[bburl]/index.php";

and make sure that it's that. You can also try repairing your mybb tables and see if there were any mix ups.
Pages: 1 2