MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Seeing double
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So basically my forum is working OK now, but I have a little problem. If you observe the image I have uploaded below, you will see that I have two of every option in my general settings area. What have I done wrong? Have I uploaded a file twice? How do I rectify it?

Many thanks to those who can help.
Try changing a setting somewhere and see if that fixes your issue.

If not, you'll probably need to reconstruct your settings - post back if that's the case.
I think I need to reconstruct my settings, changing a setting didn't work at all.
I'm going to guess it's an issue with your settinggroups table.

Try the following:
1) Go into phpMyAdmin and rename your mybb_settinggroups table to something like mybb_settinggroups_backup (replace the "mybb_" prefix if necessary)
2) Run the following two queries in order:
CREATE TABLE `mybb_settinggroups` (
  `gid` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `name` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
  `title` varchar(220) NOT NULL default '',
  `description` text NOT NULL,
  `disporder` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `isdefault` char(3) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`gid`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=21 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
INSERT INTO `mybb_settinggroups` (`gid`, `name`, `title`, `description`, `disporder`, `isdefault`) VALUES (1,'banning','Banning Options','',15,'yes'),
	(2,'onlineoffline','Board Online / Offline','These settings allow you to globally turn your forums online or offline, and allow you to specify a reason for turning them off.',1,'yes'),
	(3,'calendar','Calendar','The board calendar allows the public and private listing of events and members'' birthdays. This section allows you to control and manage the settings for the Calendar.',12,'yes'),
	(4,'clickablecode','Clickable Smilies and BB Code','',17,'yes'),
	(5,'cpprefs','Control Panel Preferences (Global)','',19,'yes'),
	(6,'datetime','Date and Time Formats','Here you can specify the different date and time formats used to display dates and times on the forums.',4,'yes'),
	(7,'forumdisplay','Forum Display Options','This section allows you to manage the various settings used on the forum display (forumdisplay.php) of your boards such as enabling and disabling different features.',6,'yes'),
	(8,'forumhome','Forum Home Options','This section allows you to manage the various settings used on the forum home (index.php) of your boards such as enabling and disabling different features.',5,'yes'),
	(9,'general','General Configuration','This section contains various settings such as your board name and url, as well as your website name and url.',2,'yes'),
	(10,'memberlist','Member List','This section allows you to control various aspects of the board member listing (memberlist.php), such as how many members to show per page, and which features to enable or disable.',10,'yes'),
	(11,'portal','Portal Settings','',14,'yes'),
	(12,'posting','Posting','These options control the various elements in relation to posting messages on the forums.',9,'yes'),
	(13,'reputation','Reputation','',10,'yes'),
	(14,'privatemessaging','Private Messaging','Various options with relation to the MyBB Private Messaging system (private.php) can be managed and set here.',11,'yes'),
	(15,'server','Server and Optimization Options','These options allow you to set various server and optimization preferences allowing you to reduce the load on your server, and gain better performance on your board.',3,'yes'),
	(16,'showteam','Show Forum Team Options','This section allows you to manage settings that affect the Forum Team Page (showteam.php).',10,'yes'),
	(17,'showthread','Show Thread Options','This section allows you to manage the various settings used on the thread display page (showthread.php) of your boards such as enabling and disabling different features.',7,'yes'),
	(18,'member','User Registration and Profile Options','Here you can control various settings with relation to user account registration and account management.',8,'yes'),
	(19,'whosonline','Who''s Online','Various settings regarding the Who is Online functionality.',13,'yes'),
	(20,'search','Search System','The various settings in this group allow you to make changes to the built in search mechanism for threads and posts in MyBB,',14,'yes');
3) Delete inc/settings.php

See if the above works.