MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to get embed code to show up in threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
its a utube code, am i missing something ,do i need to check something in my admin cp, for the utube music embed code to show up in my thread posts???<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3VHwZX-QlCk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3VHwZX-QlCk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
thanks for sending me in the right direction, hope the plug in works better i couldnt get the code to work.
i researched it a little further, but i did do a search for u tube didnt spell it right i guess.

but thanks Dennis, hope i dont make things worse, and did 1.4 come out yet?
or is 1212 the latetest version???

i dont want to upgrade , with the glitches i seen, im not good enough at this yet to get myself into more trouble, so im kinda safe after i lost my work of art forum i spent three to six months on straight designing , then magically lost it with a plug in that was listed to use , when it was not compatible with my version... oh well i plan on remaking it if i can or something close,,,,
Pow-Mia Wrote:i researched it a little further, but i did do a search for u tube didnt spell it right i guess.
Yes, the MyBB search currently isn't smart enough to spell check the search terms, so it's important that you search for the correct terms (you may also want to try searching on Google next time).
Pow-Mia Wrote:but thanks Dennis, hope i dont make things worse, and did 1.4 come out yet?
or is 1212 the latetest version???
Yes 1.2.12 is currently the latest version at the time of writing. There is no release date available for 1.4 yet.
Pow-Mia Wrote:i dont want to upgrade , with the glitches i seen, im not good enough at this yet to get myself into more trouble, so im kinda safe after i lost my work of art forum i spent three to six months on straight designing , then magically lost it with a plug in that was listed to use , when it was not compatible with my version... oh well i plan on remaking it if i can or something close,,,,
We will continue to support the latest version of 1.2.x for a limited length of time after 1.4.0 is released. Eventually you should upgrade.
which is easier, a fresh install, or save all files and hope non are corrupt, and or is 1.4 better to up grade or fresh install and then import files, and are there any ways recommended by MYBB to do this safely and minimize encountering irreparable issues or problems of losing ones forum posts and threads ??? or conflicts or incompatibility issues?

also, i notice that the plug in and mod forum on the main page is not showing, due to so many conflicts or compatibility issues of many different versions through the years and or updating.

with that being said, and i may be wrong, regardless, i only want to prevent myself from losing months of hours and days of blood and sweat, such as MYBB has put into their latest version of MY BB.
These plug in and mods make , and compliment MYBB into a dynamic Forum software, that is not only dynamic and versatile but fun to learn and a challenge to anyone learning.

I appreciate all the interest and help , support My BB has offered myself, including other members.
it has taught me to appreciate others views, and how valuable they can be.
For most forums the easiest way will be with the upgrader, which, as always, is packaged with all MyBB releases.
so i could get an upgrader with my new download of 1.4 or does my current software have it built in, and i just need to become familiar or learn how to use it?
are there any tutorial on this or links you could send me in the right direction to learn how to do this correctly?
As with every upgrade there has been for the MyBB forum software, there has been instructions for performing the upgrade. You just have to take a little of your time to look around and find the instructions, they really aren't that hard to find....The instructions for upgrading are also linked or shown in the software package that you download.
Yes the official release of MyBB 1.4 will come with an upgrader. The generic instructions are always at [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
great, so the 1.4 will come with an upgrader, does that mean the upgrader will upgrade from a 1.2x forum install to a 1.4 full pkg install?

or does that only mean that the 1.4 will upgrade 1.4 to any upgrades that keep coming out only for the 1.4 version only and not including any upgrades for 1.2X ?
Pages: 1 2