MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is there a way to move forums to another page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
or add a second page and drop some of the forums there when a site gets too full of cluttered forums?
i dont want to delete and start them over unless i dont have any other options or suggestions or info???
Thanks for your support.. and help!
Not without a modification or plugin. I suggest you place your forums within subcategories.
thanks dennis, i will check for that now.

COULDNT FIND IT , if theres one can u gimme a link pls? i been looking ?
My suggestion would be to categorize your forums better (ie use subforums). This is what basically every large forum does.
I have all my everton fc news in a forum called news, I wish mybb wasn't just a forum and more of a cms for news AND a forum..
Zinga; thanks for the reply, and i been using child forums, is there a difference?

Ryangrant; im sure theres some suggestions you can make in ideas, I'd like to see some template layout action stuff for boxes as in a quick set up mod thing and to add a second page rather than going the long route, of having to save and transfer files, but i guess theres reasons for everything. Im not to sure on anything , im still fresh , took a long break and am coming back to refresh and learn a little more , in increments of course Smile
Pow-Mia Wrote:Zinga; thanks for the reply, and i been using child forums, is there a difference?

Yup that's the same concept. Remember you can always set "Act as forum" to "No" when you edit a subforum, to make that subforum a category. (See the "Plugins & Code Modifications" subcategory on this forum as an example of what a subcategory looks like).
That sounds good, im in need of stop deleting my forums for quick fixes or modifications for space, and look.

so now , i need to save two of my forums i created and move them to a second page, I will look for a plug in or mod,if anyone knows of any link , pls post it for me.

I have a large forum, and its been difficult to manage, without cluttering up the main page and not have members not use or cant find or locate forums without giving up.

categorize is one way? i made alot of child forums within their category..already and am in need of adding a second page to my main page if it seems like a thing to do? based on your expertise and recommendations what else can i do?
My suggestion would be to rethink your design and approach.

I've visited many large communities, and they've managed to organize everything just by using categories and subforums.
Heck, if you look at sites like http://psp-hacks.com/forums/ (over 1 million posts), they don't even use subforums.
1 million posts , thats impressive, how bout forums how many categories ? not many? thats my problemo and the writing is smaller and condensed, its nice to get the easy view graphics with the right theme and easy on eyes theme,,,
something i had made and lost alot of hard work and many months developing....