MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: captcha too dificult to read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a captcha too dificult to read for alot of new members.
they been complaining and getting suspended not activating their accounts.

so, if anyone has a more easier to read captcha, file ready, id appreciate it if i could get somethign to help me, or knows of anything out there to help address this info, post here pls.
im not going to disable it altogeather for long , i dont want spam bots posting links.
Link to your forum?
If you make it too easy for humans too read, then some spam-bots can also read it.
I've attached a simple way to make it easier for humans, and (so far) no problems with spammers.

``````
Easy captcha help:

1) The zip file has a modified 'captcha.php' file.
Replace your older captcha.php, in your MyBB root folder.

2) In your template files > member templates > member_register_regimage

replace the original code with this:

(((code included in 'read me.txt')))

Note: In MyBB 1.4 (currently not released) you will not need to change the member template, since they are adding a 'refresh button'.
i hate captcha...i dont use it...
Sir_Night Wrote:i hate captcha...i dont use it...

I'm sure spam love to visit your forums.
Thanks seeker for sharing! Smile the lower and capitols seem hard to distinguish, but somewhat better than the original, i would like a a craigs list type of captcha, maybe thats too easy, dont know for sures , dont need anymore spam bots, didnt somone mention there was a site of spam lists that would scare a website owner?
(2008-04-27, 08:04 PM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]If you make it too easy for humans too read, then some spam-bots can also read it.
I've attached a simple way to make it easier for humans, and (so far) no problems with spammers.

``````
Easy captcha help:

1) The zip file has a modified 'captcha.php' file.
Replace your older captcha.php, in your MyBB root folder.

2) In your template files > member templates > member_register_regimage

replace the original code with this:

(((code included in 'read me.txt')))

Note: In MyBB 1.4 (currently not released) you will not need to change the member template, since they are adding a 'refresh button'.

Hi,

I did the above and still seeing the same original captcha image. Is there any way to make the letters BLACK in color?

Sorry for the question as I'm very new to this script.

Thanks!
In captcha.php, find:
			// Set the colour
			$r = rand(0, 200);
			$g = rand(0, 200);
			$b = rand(0, 200);
Replace with:
			// Set the colour
			$r = 0;
			$g = 0;
			$b = 0;
i did all of these things but i've never gotten any result. is there any way to show Captcha?
Captcha is white all of the time
(2008-04-27, 09:30 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]
Sir_Night Wrote:i hate captcha...i dont use it...

I'm sure spam love to visit your forums.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Pages: 1 2