MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Column colours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I`d like to give my board alternating column colours, by that I mean the columns such as "forum" , "posts" , "last post". I can see from the css the rows can be changed, but would I need to create a new class for these columns? or is there an easier way?

Also in the showthread template, what is the easiest way to make the profile/author column fixed width? I have added the location field underneath the joined date. However if the location is long is just pushes the column out, instead starting a new line underneath. I`d like to fix the width at around 150px.

Thanks.
maritimesbob Wrote:I`d like to give my board alternating column colours, by that I mean the columns such as "forum" , "posts" , "last post". I can see from the css the rows can be changed, but would I need to create a new class for these columns? or is there an easier way?
Just edit the appropriate templates and stick a different class for each column.

maritimesbob Wrote:Also in the showthread template, what is the easiest way to make the profile/author column fixed width? I have added the location field underneath the joined date. However if the location is long is just pushes the column out, instead starting a new line underneath. I`d like to fix the width at around 150px.
Set the CSS width property to the table cell. Look for it in the postbit template.