MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: re-assigning posts to returning member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

i have a member who has returned to the forum after unregerestring.

Her posts still show as unregistered.

She has returned with the same username.

Is there a way to re-assign the posts for that user that show her as unregistered.

cheers,

dave
You can try a SQL query. (Highly recommended that you backup your database first).

UPDATE mybb_posts SET uid='X' WHERE username='Username'
You'll need to change X to the user's new user ID, and Username to the user's old username.
This worked Great I was able to re-assign a unregistered profiles post to a profile I deleted before finding the fix for the Captcha bug.

Thanks

Now is there a way to also restore the threads started by this profile search?
... are you on 1.4?? If you're on 1.4 why are you posting in a 1.2 thread?? This won't get you anywhere. How did the CAPTCHA bug delete a profile...??
(2009-01-31, 12:17 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]... are you on 1.4??

Yes I am using 1.4 which was merged from 1.2

Quote:If you're on 1.4 why are you posting in a 1.2 thread?? This won't get you anywhere.

Sorry I just used a search (I usually will try a search before asking a question) & this thread did fix my issue also even though it was for 1.4. So after it worked for re-assigning the post I noticed it didn't re-assign the Threads started by this user & thought I would ask in this thread since it was related.

Quote:How did the CAPTCHA bug delete a profile...??

As for what happened I have been using phpbb for years merging to MYbb has not been without issues but I am learning. When my first member had the problem with login going to white screen I just thought there was a bug in the profile from the merge & started a new profile & deleted the one I thought was corrupted. This was obviously a mistake but it was too late when I found the fix.

I was able to manipulate some data on new profile in the database but wasn't able to assign the past post to the new profile.

Again Sorry for asking in wrong area I will try to watch categories on searches closer.

Thanks anyway for the fix here it worked GREAT!!!!!