MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Separate Content of Different Language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm working on this project where the site/forum will be launched in at least 10 different languages. The users are able to switch between languages using a single account. However, as a requirement, when the UI language changes, the content must change as well.

So right now, my idea to approach this is setup up a db column for language in the forums and threads category. The query will call out language specific content depending on the selected language.

Now this seems a bit inefficient to me, so does anyone have other suggestions?
Typically, "multilingual forums" just have different forums for different languages.

What I'm guessing you're trying to do is hide certain of these forums depending on the user's language preference? (what about those who can speak more than one language?)

Putting an extra language column in threads/posts shouldn't be less efficient, provided you also index that field.
Yeah this is not so much a forum since it's mostly based around content... here
Uhh, just change the links on your home page to different forum categories for each of the languages.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Uhh, just change the links on your home page to different forum categories for each of the languages.

Lol... good point. Why haven't I ever thought of that?