MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merry Christmas!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
rcpalace Wrote:
Drpoodle Wrote:4) You even highlighted the text so I don't see how you didn't see this: "SET of beliefs" =/= "a belief". Religion is defined as more than one, and it always has been. Did you read my article? It will explain it in more detail, but Christianity is a religion that uses theism (the belief in God) as it's core. It also has many others (Jesus, miracles, etc), making it a religion. Atheism = 1 belief.

In your previous post you said theism isn't a religion hence, my argument. Now your claiming theism is a religion, your contradicting yourself.
No, I'm claiming Christianity is a religion (can you actually read what I say before trying to make points against me). Christianity is a religion. It has many beliefs. One of those beliefs is theism.

That doesn't make theism a religion, otherwise you would have to say the belief in Noah's Ark is a religion, when it is not. It's a single belief.

Theism is not a religion.
Atheism is not a religion.

Your other points were just avoiding my points altogether, and then you bring up some already debunked rumour that Darwin converted on his death bed, something which has been known not to be true (and actually confirmed shortly after his death by his family) for many many years.

Glad to hear you might join the forums, since I'm not going to post in this topic anymore. It does go to show that atheists are being discriminated against though. I can't even have a birthday thread without someone either mentioning my atheism and a theist try and argue against science and my belief.
DrPoodle Wrote:
rcpalace Wrote:
Drpoodle Wrote:4) You even highlighted the text so I don't see how you didn't see this: "SET of beliefs" =/= "a belief". Religion is defined as more than one, and it always has been. Did you read my article? It will explain it in more detail, but Christianity is a religion that uses theism (the belief in God) as it's core. It also has many others (Jesus, miracles, etc), making it a religion. Atheism = 1 belief.

In your previous post you said theism isn't a religion hence, my argument. Now your claiming theism is a religion, your contradicting yourself.
No, I'm claiming Christianity is a religion (can you actually read what I say before trying to make points against me). Christianity is a religion. It has many beliefs. One of those beliefs is theism.
I must of mist it; I could swear I didn't even see the word Christianity in your post. (Must be worn out after a long day of testing. Shy).

Drpoodle Wrote:then you bring up some already debunked rumour that Darwin converted on his death bed, something which has been known not to be true (and actually confirmed shortly after his death by his family) for many many years.
As I said, "their are rumors" I never said it was true.

Drpoodle Wrote:Glad to hear you might join the forums, since I'm not going to post in this topic anymore. It does go to show that atheists are being discriminated against though.

I'm not trying to discriminate, I can't see how everything came to life from chance (specially the fact that our body works perfectly), it doesn't make sense to me.

MrDoom Wrote:By the way "your" should be "you're".

Forgot to proof read my text. But, I don't need to anymore since you're doing it for me. Wink
rcpalace Wrote:I'm not trying to discriminate, I can't see how everything came to life from chance (specially the fact that our body works perfectly), it doesn't make sense to me.
"especially", and to be fair, our bodies don't work perfectly, if they did we wouldn't get ill.
MrDoom Wrote:
rcpalace Wrote:I'm not trying to discriminate, I can't see how everything came to life from chance (specially the fact that our body works perfectly), it doesn't make sense to me.
"especially", and to be fair, our bodies don't work perfectly, if they did we wouldn't get ill.

By perfectly I'm saying that our Nervous system, lungs, heart, immune system, and all the others work together to keep us alive.

And to correct your sentence, commas aren't used when you have two entirely different subjects within the sentence. You use this instead ';' or a period. I've watched your attitude throughout this thread. It dramatically changed after the argument. You either couldn't prove my statements incorrect so you started attacking me personally or you have anger issues. Either way, I'm done arguing with you, It's completely pointless.
rcpalace Wrote:
MrDoom Wrote:

By perfectly I'm saying that our Nervous system, lungs, heart, immune system, and all the others work together to keep us alive.

And to correct your sentence, commas aren't used when you have two entirely different subjects within the sentence. You use this instead ';'.

Ya but its not perfect.

Perfects definition
Quote:being complete of its kind and without defect or blemish

Now I could build a radio but I can guarantee in less I really take my time it won't be perfect but it will work.
NetSage Wrote:
rcpalace Wrote:
MrDoom Wrote:

And to correct your sentence, commas aren't used when you have two entirely different subjects within the sentence. You use this instead ';'.

Ya but its not perfect.

Perfects definition
Quote:being complete of its kind and without defect or blemish

Now I could build a radio but I can guarantee in less I really take my time it won't be perfect but it will work.

This is just hilarious, you guys didn't argue with me in the debate about God, yet you argue with me about pointless -(Definition of pointless: Things without point or reason. And no not a decimal point.), things. You guys do know that PEOPLE do use words to describe certain matters it doesn't necessarily need to have the exact meaning!
rcpalace Wrote:This is just hilarious, you guys didn't argue with me in the debate about God, yet you argue with me about pointless -(Definition of pointless: Things without point or reason. And no not a decimal point.), things. You guys do know that PEOPLE do use words to describe certain matters it doesn't necessarily need to have the exact meaning!

Well unlike debates about god these debates have the potential to actually go somewhere (though they rarely do).
The English language is extensive and is a powerful communicative tool. Please don't abuse it. Smile
Debate.
Sorry, I've missed the last few pages. Wasn't this a birthday thread?
blueparukia Wrote:Sorry, I've missed the last few pages. Wasn't this a birthday thread?

Yes it was.

MiNT Wrote:
rcpalace Wrote:This is just hilarious, you guys didn't argue with me in the debate about God, yet you argue with me about pointless -(Definition of pointless: Things without point or reason. And no not a decimal point.), things. You guys do know that PEOPLE do use words to describe certain matters it doesn't necessarily need to have the exact meaning!

Well unlike debates about god these debates have the potential to actually go somewhere (though they rarely do).
The English language is extensive and is a powerful communicative tool. Please don't abuse it. Smile

How about this revision; our bodies parts and systems correctly correspond (in a healthy body) to keep us alive. Regardless, our body parts and systems within work together and my point was their is so many systems in our body that carry a part which is why it doesn't appear to me that we've arrived by chance. I'm going to watch the video for you and give you the highlights today. (couldn't do it yesterday becuase of the argument with the Oodles.) I'll also give you a link to the video of where he proves God scientifically and mathematically. (as soon as he gets my email).

DennisTT Wrote:Debate.

That's the first staff member that actually encourages debates in the forums. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7