MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone installed XP SP3 yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Heard there's nothing for XP x64 - ah well.

IIRC, I swore I remember hearing that since it was based off of Server 2003, it would receive an update when that is updated (during the Summer, I think).
Soshite Wrote:
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Heard there's nothing for XP x64 - ah well.

IIRC, I swore I remember hearing that since it was based off of Server 2003, it would receive an update when that is updated (during the Summer, I think).
Correct. I read it in the latest spam newsletter from Microsoft.
Well yeah, the last time I checked was over half a year ago, so I guess things have changed Toungue
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Well yeah, the last time I checked was over half a year ago, so I guess things have changed Toungue

Doing that is a good idea, though, since most people have AU up, and they'll just "click the button", which will update it, since we all know the average user HATES to read, or god forbid take more than a second while doing something on the computer. Toungue
I'm actually looking for the Vista SP1 update. Lol.

Or has that been suspended further as well?
Soshite Wrote:
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Well yeah, the last time I checked was over half a year ago, so I guess things have changed Toungue

Doing that is a good idea, though, since most people have AU up, and they'll just "click the button", which will update it, since we all know the average user HATES to read, or god forbid take more than a second while doing something on the computer. Toungue
Personally, Auto-update is just a bandwidth hog. I rarely ever update Windows actually. I'm also the least bit worried about security =P
When the thing gets released, I'll get notified one way or the other, so yeah... Toungue Thanks though!
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:I'm actually looking for the Vista SP1 update. Lol.

Or has that been suspended further as well?

They removed Vista SP1 and XP SP3 from Windows/Microsoft Update, as well as Vista SP1 from Automatic Updates (not XP SP3 yet, since that comes in June), due to a severe bug with some small/medium business application that corrupts the data in said application when the Service Pack update is made.

You can still download it directly from Microsoft's website, however. It's just so the majority of the people won't update and mess up that program if they have it installed.
Soshite Wrote:due to a severe bug with some small/medium business application that corrupts the data in said application when the Service Pack update is made.

Do you have any more information about this, or a link?
DennisTT Wrote:
Soshite Wrote:due to a severe bug with some small/medium business application that corrupts the data in said application when the Service Pack update is made.

Do you have any more information about this, or a link?

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=Mz...WFzdCwsLDE=
Pages: 1 2 3