MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum/website has been working fine, but today the host had a bit of a MySQL hiccup. Now every time I try to load my forum I get the error below:

MySQL error: 1033
Incorrect information in file: './xtreme2damax_mybb/mybb_autogroups.frm'
Query: SELECT * FROM `mybb_autogroups` WHERE `gid` = '4' AND `affect` = '0'

As mentioned this didn't happen until the small MySQL hiccup occurred a little over an hour ago.

The AdminCP still loads fine, just the forum and the portal don't and render the error above.

A little investigation revealed that the MySQL hiccup caused something to go awry in the table for the Auto Assign Usergroups Plugin.

I know I could use a database backup, however the last time I performed a backup was the day before yesterday and I have had new members, posts and numerous template edits since then to correct some issues.

So it is quite important to fix this problem, salvage the database and get the forum working again.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Well my forum is working again after managing to get the Auto Assign User groups plugin disabled. Now when trying to re-enable the plugin I get this error:

MySQL error: 1005
Can't create table './xtreme2damax_mybb/mybb_autogroups.frm' (errno: 121)
Query: CREATE TABLE `mybb_autogroups` (`id` INT( 5 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY ,`gid` INT( 5 ) NOT NULL ,`affect` VARCHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL ,`posts` INT( 6 ) NOT NULL) ENGINE = innodb CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
The database/table is corrupt. You should see your host to get them to fix it up for you.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:The database/table is corrupt. You should see your host to get them to fix it up for you.

Well I disabled the Auto Assign Groups mod, which was the table that got corrupt and I deleted it's associated table.

So the corrupt table has been deleted, yet I am unable to reactivate the Auto Assign Groups mod again without that second MySQL error.

I don't know if I'll be able to get the host to fix it, but I'll try. What do I tell the host to do to fix it? How can it be fixed?

If they don't want to fix it, is there any way I can fix it?

Thanks if anyone can help.Smile
Help Please, I'm moving hosts in a little while and want to get this resolved asap!
It seems the issue resolved itself when I uploaded the database backup to the new host.

I won't request this thread to be closed yet just to make absolutely sure it is fixed.
Just to answer your question:
Xtreme2damax Wrote:I don't know if I'll be able to get the host to fix it, but I'll try. What do I tell the host to do to fix it? How can it be fixed?

Unless the host gives you permission to do so (to my knowledge, no shared host will), there's nothing you can do but complain to them to get it fixed, unfortunately, since only they have access to do so.

The only alternative could've been to try using a different database.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:Just to answer your question:
Xtreme2damax Wrote:I don't know if I'll be able to get the host to fix it, but I'll try. What do I tell the host to do to fix it? How can it be fixed?

Unless the host gives you permission to do so (to my knowledge, no shared host will), there's nothing you can do but complain to them to get it fixed, unfortunately, since only they have access to do so.

The only alternative could've been to try using a different database.

As mentioned in my last reply, I backed up the current database and moved to a new host.

Strangely the issue was resolved after I uploaded the database to the new host and I was able to reactivate the plugin without problems.

Why wasn't it working on the other host where the problem originated and it is now working fine on the new host using the same database?
Your backup obviously doesn't have corruption.

In fact, backups work by exporting the data in the DB into SQL format, whereas data in the DB is internally stored in a binary format. When you back up the DB, the conversion is done internally (which means that you wouldn't be able to backup data from corrupt tables).

As I said, the host is having some issues with MySQL and corrupt data. Since I'm not the host, I can't investigate it further to give you any more information.
I'm getting this error today. However it is not showing up on my board. It only shows up when I use the phpmyadmin to check the database.

If I try to repair the database it still gives me the error.

Funny thing is I don't have the:
Auto Assign User groups plugin on my board.

Is there another pluggin that would create this table?

MyBB version: 1.2.12
PHP version: 5.2.6
DB version: MySQLi 5.0.45

and I'm on shared host.