MyBB Community Forums

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey...

I was dumb and never set my avatar max size to a reasonable size. Now, I'm paying for it.

A couple of members have extremely large avatars (like, 200x200, meh). What I thought I could do was take their avatars, resize them to my max size (130x130) and then re-upload their avatars in the uploads/avatar folder, hoping that it would replace the 200x200 images with the 130x130 image.

Well, I did that, but to no avail. The avatar was overwritten, but for some reason, it's the same size on the forums, but it is the right image (I can tell because, the new 130x130 image has been stretched to 200x200).

So....

I thought, "Hey, maybe if I give them a new avatar from some different website, it get rid of the 200x200 stretching." So, I did. But, that image was stretched to 200x200 as well.

So.... is there anyway to fix this? >.>;;

I want to make his 200x200 avatar to 130x130. I already have the resized the image, I just need to know how to do this >.<;;

Thanks.
The reason is because the avatar size is fixed in the DB (this is to prevent users from trying to exceed the maximum dimensions through the use of remote URLs).

Since it looks like you've manually resized their avatars, I'd suggest going through the users table with phpMyAdmin, and looking at the avatarsize column - just fix up the dimensions there, and everything should be fine Toungue