MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having always been used to boards such as Invisionfree, Zetaboards and IPB Free; I’m at a loss when it comes to skinning on MyBB. I’m well versed with the operation of Photoshop and css but I’m still trying to grasp the concept of themes and templates.

I would usually just create the complete style sheet on WordPad using html and paste it into the css, with the buttons it would be uploaded individually so when I came across the boxes I had to fill in...I kind of went uhh.

Is there any way I can do this on MyBB as well or can anyone direct me to a few helpful resources?
Hi, you can use the additional css box at the bottom of the theme page after selecting the theme to modify.
Is it possible for me to leave all the boxes at the top blank and just fill in the complete css at the bottom of the theme page?
Yes you could, but you shouldn't. Some of those variables like the width are required to have a value. Those are the basics and the extras can be put into value in the additional css box. Play around a bit with the values to get the main idea of how things work.
Best Regards.
You can make your own css file
and you can replace default css url with your own

in headerinclude find
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$theme['css_url']}" />
(this represent default mybb css pulled out from database)

and replace it with
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$theme['imgdir']}/your.css" title="default" />

Is this answer close enough?
Sawsan Wrote:Is it possible for me to leave all the boxes at the top blank and just fill in the complete css at the bottom of the theme page?
I see, so all I have to do is replace the original with this:-

Quote:<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$theme['imgdir']}/your.css" title="default" />

^ Do I need to edit anything in there except 'your.css'? How exactly can I upload it as a link since I'm just used to 'copy&paste' from Word-Pad?

Now if I do this, does this mean the boxes above can be left blank except the widths rcpalace mentioned?
hmm I though you knew basics of css and html

you will need to crate css file on your Pc and than upload it to your webserver using FTP

but if you want to work directly on a server (online), than you better listen to rcpalace Smile
I do know how to create a css, it's just that with InvisionFree I never had to upload it, hehe. What I know is something like this:-

html { overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; } 

form { display:inline; }
img  { vertical-align:middle; border:0px }
BODY { font-family: Arial; font-size: 11px; color: #999; margin:0px 10px 0px 10px;background-color:#08B1B1 }
TABLE, TR, TD { font-family: Arial; font-size: 11px; color: #999; }
a:link, a:visited, a:active { text-decoration:none; color: #148F8F }
a:hover { color: #148F8F; text-decoration:underline }

By the way, how are images uploaded in MyBB? Usually, I just make them on photoshop and save them as a .gif file. With that I go to the Images Section and upload it according to the title. So the 'Post Reply = url', 'Add Entry = url' etc..

How does it work on here?

Sorry if I'm being such a pain, trying to learn, I'm quite new to this type of message board hosting. Smile
To upload images, use an ftp program to open up the images directory, and upload the images there.
If you want to be a bit more organized you can just organize them in a folder and then upload them into your image directory.