MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Better Editor in Gold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I d like to see FCK Editor in Gold or WYSIG (or whatever its name is Toungue ) or something similar. Something more advanced than the existing editor

http://www.fckeditor.net/demo/default.html
Well, Chris was experimenting with a WYSIWYG editor for myBB, but it was stopped to work on other things. It should be in a future version though.
Tsakalos Wrote:I d like to see FCK Editor in Gold

Are you aware that FCKeditor is for creating and editing HTML files, as in Web-Pages; and apparently works with ASP, php and perl... and has to be installed at the sever ?? It's a stand-alone programme. And HTML is not generally welcome in forum post's / threads etc, so it would have no purpose whatsoever. Smile
i said i whould like to see a better editor like Fck or WYSIWYG any other similar just something better from the existing one
Whats wrong with the one thats aready there? Works fine why change it?
Oh man I would love to see a WYSIWYG editor. I love them, they are very very useful and I hope they put it in v1.0 Final atleast. Big Grin
whoa that FCKeditor is awesome.
Hi

I read somewhere that some types of html in forum posts can raise a potential security risk?
Yeah. It can. But myBB strips all html and only uses certain codes like [b] [i] [u] [color] [size] and a few more. So that shouldn't be too much of a problem Big Grin
unless of course you enable html posting....