MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: spam in my calendar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have got spam in my calendar

http://www.ikf-forum.eu/calendar.php

Is it possible to change that only users can post in it.
Yeah, go into ACP -> Manage Groups ->

Edit your guest group and scroll down to Permissions: Calendar. Change those yeses to nos.
How can I delete at once more posts then only one in this calendar.
Only 1 may has got more as 200 spam messages.
Did you figure it out, since I don't see any spam in your calendar?
judel Wrote:Did you figure it out, since I don't see any spam in your calendar?

No, I did it one by one.
The first three days of opening my forums I received over 200+ spam messages. One advertising the sites, the other message apologizing for spamming and it continued. I figured my community wouldn't use the calendar anyway, so I disabled it.
As I see what kind of spam it was; AVG, Panda, Macafee, symantec all virusscanner.
Perhaps I may not think it but sometime I had the feeling that the makers of virusscanners and spamkillers are making virus and spam by themselfes to sell their products.
LOL...I've always thought that! Wink
spinning Wrote:As I see what kind of spam it was; AVG, Panda, Macafee, symantec all virusscanner.
Perhaps I may not think it but sometime I had the feeling that the makers of virusscanners and spamkillers are making virus and spam by themselfes to sell their products.
That's actually what they do... >_>
rcpalace Wrote:The first three days of opening my forums I received over 200+ spam messages.

Me to... Sad
I don't comment but... I think MyBB should have disable by default access for guests to post public event calendar.
Anyway, I give rights only for staff team to add public events in calendar.

[attachment=9212][attachment=9213]

WPN !? Hmmm... Sad
... hey... I'm white Big Grin