MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Wheel-World Wrote:
MrDoom Wrote:Woolworths is a shop in the UK that sells general household goods.

Really? They sell groceries in Australia (They are called Safeway in Melbourne and NSW i think).

We have Safeway down in California USA, but it's also called Vons if you go down south.
Really, Safeway in the UK used to be a supermarket. They are now owned by Morrison's.
MrDoom Wrote:Really, Safeway in the UK used to be a supermarket. They are now owned by Morrison's.

Safeway is a supermarket, at-least where I am.
Apparently the Australian Safeway is completely unrelated to the UK one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safeway_%28supermarkets%29
Odd?
AFAIK all the Woolworth stores were closed here in the USA some years ago. I know my home town (Loughborough, UK) still has one there.
I have Safeway in my town, it's a grocery store over here in WA State. Also, according to Firefox's spell checker, "lightbulb" is spelled incorrectly Big Grin
rcpalace Wrote:
Wheel-World Wrote:
MrDoom Wrote:Woolworths is a shop in the UK that sells general household goods.

Really? They sell groceries in Australia (They are called Safeway in Melbourne and NSW i think).

We have Safeway down in California USA, but it's also called Vons if you go down south.

Ditto. But we have 1 every 4 or 5 miles around here. Same with Lucky/Albertsons.
I also remember some other chain that was UK-based that was starting up in CA, USA.

So how many light bulbs are we talking...? Just one? Or figuratively one? And in reality, how many?
nathangrubb Wrote:I have Safeway in my town, it's a grocery store over here in WA State. Also, according to Firefox's spell checker, "lightbulb" is spelled incorrectly Big Grin
Yup, I've worked in the light bulb industry, and it's definitely with the space.
nathangrubb Wrote:I have Safeway in my town, it's a grocery store over here in WA State. Also, according to Firefox's spell checker, "lightbulb" is spelled incorrectly Big Grin
Not according to my Australian english firefox spell checker. So there! :p
Wheel-World Wrote:
Not according to my Australian english firefox spell checker. So there! :p
According to my British English spell checker, it is not. :[
Pages: 1 2 3 4