MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install backed up forum to new server.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i want to restore my backed up forum to a new server(i've sql back),
please help,in last two requests i got lil response at beginning to inbox but after that i didnt got reply from em

Thanks in advance
Do you have all the files backed up too? (only really important for mods and stuff)
Did you backup through MyBB admin CP or phpmyadmin?
You need to use either phpMyAdmin or Big Dump to restore the backup. Please ask your web host or consult the documentation on those sites on how to use those tools.
Netsage i've backed up from mybb admincp,dennis i've phpmyadmin.
Hello to all support team on this forum.

I have simple question, I hope that you will solve my problem very easily.
Recently before some weeks I have made a forum and then start using with my community members. I had taken regular backup of that and suddenly once my web space provider got problem and had to start everything from again.
I hardly collected members and posted many usefull stuff but all I lost in my webspace provider's problem. Now I have installed once more mybb forum again into my server, I checked thpere all option in adminstration section if there I can restore my existing *.gz backup.

And can you please suggest me some tips regarding full backup and how can I use that in emergency case?

Thanks in advance to support team
Sam
Sam problem here too sam
O.k. I'm guessing you guys are wanting to just have a mybb without losing any members and posts. Or switching hosts same procedure.

First upload all the mybb files where you want them. Also make a mysql database and assign permissions to a user. Wink

Open up PHPMyAdmin then select the database. Go into the Import tab.

Select the backup *.gz(If you got it compressed) or *.sql(if you didn't get it compressed).

Leave the character set most likely in less you know it should be something different. Un check Partial import in less you have a big database.

Then leave the rest and click go. That will restore the database now all you have to do is edit one fileWink.

go to /inc/config.php

Then edit the database configuration according to your database info. So it would look like this
$config['dbtype'] = 'mysql';
$config['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['username'] = 'database_user';
$config['password'] = 'database_password';
$config['database'] = 'database_name';
$config['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';
Thanks netsage i'll try that one. Smile
If you still need help, I can do it for you and teach you. I am online right now.

MSN --> techguyboy[@]msn.com