MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Smilies, Warn, PM stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1) First of all u dont need to type anything for the smilie to appear but u click the smilie you want from the smilies menu on the left. Also go to Admin Cp smilie manager. If u have added new smiles there make sure that the shortcut is not
: bringgrin : but :bringgrin: After u can go to cache manager and rebuild cache

2) Warn system ? U mean warning system to notify moderators that posts contain swearing spam etc? if u mean that there is the report system which does that. A button at the right of every post the said report.

3) U can go to Admin CP/templates/ expand template set/index templates and edit the index_pms template, Although is not recommended cause its usefull for your members to see if they have new pms
Tsakalos Wrote:1) First of all u dont need to type anything for the smilie to appear but u click the smilie you want from the smilies menu on the left. Also go to Admin Cp smilie manager. If u have added new smiles there make sure that the shortcut is not
: bringgrin : but :bringgrin: After u can go to cache manager and rebuild cache

2) Warn system ? U mean warning system to notify moderators that posts contain swearing spam etc? if u mean that there is the report system which does that. A button at the right of every post the said report.

3) U can go to Admin CP/templates/ expand template set/index templates and edit the index_pms template, Although is not recommended cause its usefull for your members to see if they have new pms

First of all thanks for the help and for wanting to reply to me. I have added new smilies and everything is perfect, the smilies are uploaded and everything else is good. I don't know how to re-build the cache manager, any ideas?

Warn system, I mean like.. Someone can warn a user. Like. Give him a warning. Like in Invision boards. You can warn users, get it? Confused

That PM system, there is already one at top so I dont think need the other one. It says Welcome back, Nick You haev PM blahblah. So I think I dont need the other one. Thanks alot.
Quote:everything is perfect, the smilies are uploaded and everything else is good. I don't know how to re-build the cache manager, any ideas?
If the smilies are working perfect than u dont need to rebuild the cache but for future needs go to admincp/cache manager (at the bottom) where is sais smilies and press rebuild cache.
Quote:Warn system, I mean like.. Someone can warn a user. Like. Give him a warning.
I dont there is some system like that . U can warn him by pm though
Ok I managed to fix the smilies all I had to do was click " Update smilie " I have another questions:

What does DB Maintance do and should I run it?

And when someone report, they write text, press enter, a white screen comes and I dont get a email, any ideas?
When someone reports a post the admin/mods are notified not by email but with a warning at the index page which sais Moderator Notice: There are 1 unread reported posts
Thanks, I fixed it now. Smile
Oh and I downloaded MyBB yesterday, do I still need that security patch?
no
Thanks alot for your help.
Pages: 1 2