MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ahh! I de-admined myself and the other admins!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My friend Mc Cabe made a kick-but graphics site, and he had another site he owned, so he decided to make me admin as well on the gfx site.

So I went to the admin panel and added everything etc, etc, made new moderators and all that stuff.

I went to Manage Groups => Super Moderators, and I was scrolling through the options and noticed "Allow super moderators to access the admin control panel" or something along those lines.

I thought to myself "why would they be allowed to access the ACP?" so I checked no, and clicked "Update settings".

next thing you know it says I don't have permissions to access the ACp and the "Admin CP" dissapeared beside User CP.

I thought, oh well no problem, when Mc Cabe logs online he can make me admin again.

Nope.

When he logged back online HE wasn't admin either!

Mc Cabe has been trying for the past hour to get our permissions back, but no cigar yet.

Is there any way we can fix this??!?!!?

Please and thank you!!!
Try what is suggested in this thread, post #2

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=19647
Thanks Rhino, I gave the link to Mc Cabe, he shall try that instantly! Smile
Best of luck.

Let us know what happens. :]
Ok Rhino ... it didn't work. Sad

Is there any other things he can do?
K TrueAnimosity has unintentionally done something that means, admins are still admins but they cannot access admin cp. I the owner of the site cannot enter admin cp and have tried numerous things that TA and ! have searched here. In my database the groups permissions are all yes and the admin_options are all yes, and they are all pointing to the right uid, "4". I am in a bit of a pickle Confused.
Sorry, I need to fix my bookmarks a bit. Wink

Try this:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...8#pid44278
Alright I just told Mc Cabe in his ChatBox to try that.

I hope it works!

Thanks so much rh1n0!
nope did not work Sad
Mc Cabe Wrote:K TrueAnimosity has unintentionally done something that means, admins are still admins but they cannot access admin cp. I the owner of the site cannot enter admin cp and have tried numerous things that TA and ! have searched here. In my database the groups permissions are all yes and the admin_options are all yes, and they are all pointing to the right uid, "4". I am in a bit of a pickle Confused.

hmm ... you can also try one other thing ... it might sound silly Toungue but then again it helped me fix my co admin ...

change the UID "4" to "2"

save it have a look at ur forums then again change it back to "4"

it sounds silly but it fixed my coadmin as he couldnt see the forum for admin discussions even tho the permissions were set perfectly n all ...

hope it works for you too...
Pages: 1 2