MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] PM Subject
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This will require your members to add a subject when sending PMs.

Download Link

Enjoy.
thx for sharing. it can be useful..
i didnt understand this plugin's work
i think its disallow [no subject] thing on pms. so you cant send pm's without subject. am i right?
Correct. Currently if a PM is sent without a subject it enters "[no subject]" which is insane when you consider getting hundreds in your PM box and you can't tell what is what. Imagine all the threads on your site had the same thing? You will be confused about what topics are there.

While PMs are private it's still easier to have a subject so you know what it might be about. Also makes searching the PMs later on easier in case you need to lookup something.

I think PM controls are sorely lacking in most forum software (all of them really). I should be able to sort or search the PMs in various ways. I think stuff like the Calendar are basically useless whereas PMs are vital to most communities. But maybe that's just my opinion.
Oh good, so this keeps us from having to modify the code! Much better! Big Grin
You had this Jude by doing modified code? Just curious because I think if we get enough support mybb will add the validation for PM subjects which for them is extremely easy...basically just 2-3 small lines in the PM datahandler.
Sadly I have to uninstall this Mod...

myPlaza with enabled "PM after donation" has a issue with this
You can easily edit the myplaza plugin to include a subject with the donation.
Yeah I checked this out further..it will interfere with PMs sent by system I think. Grr...

disable for now until I have it sorted out
Pages: 1 2