MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hold to edit forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a suggestion for future versions of MyBB. You guys implemented a nice "Hold to edit" feature for the thread titles. How about implementing this for admins for the forums. For example, say an admin wanted to edit the Suggestions & feedback forum name, they can easily do so by using a "hold to edit". Just a thought.
Best Regards.
This should be suggested already somewhere... Toungue
For something rarely changed it's not worth the overhead with the ajax that's required.
it would be great If that was available in the Admin CP instead, also imagine being able to re-arrange forums by dragging and dropping! Smile
Not for forums - as said, it's rarely changed, plus the AdminCP is much more secure. Possibly for the AdminCP though.
I don't think it's necessary. How often do you need to change the forum title?
DennisTT Wrote:I don't think it's necessary. How often do you need to change the forum title?

How often do you need to change a thread title?
rcpalace Wrote:
DennisTT Wrote:I don't think it's necessary. How often do you need to change the forum title?

Often on my forums. And no not for moderation either. Granted it is very handy for that too.
rcpalace Wrote:

Probably on a weekly basis, if not more.

I haven't had to change a forum titles on my board probably for a year. And I haven't seen significant changes here either.
Now that I've answered your question, which has no bearing to influence the implementation of this feature you requested, it would be worth your while to answer my question.

DennisTT Wrote:How often do you need to change the forum title?

If you would like your suggestions to be implemented, you need to provide some relevant information to back your case. Bouncing back with irrelevant questions won't get you any further than where you were at previously.

Cheers.
Pages: 1 2